The weatherman is saying rain is possible all weekend and then we are suppose to be very hot again next week. Armed with this information, I knew I needed to tackle some outside things. The tiger lilies were spent, so I started by removing the stems.
That, my friends, is quite a job! They'll look limp for a couple of week then the foliage will bounce back and green and lushious again.
There are two window boxes on the front of the house. The picture doesn't do them justice, they are simply gorgeous!
I use this sweet geranium to block the gas meter.
As I moved around the house checking out my flowers, I dead headed and removed those pesky weeds!
A peek at my hanging baskets. I have two of these on the back porch.
I made sure to fertilize everything well. I'm giving my flowers a little boost before the extreme heat hits next week.
Next I ventured out to the vegetable garden.
I had tomatoes to tie up, and some produce ready to harvest.
Thankfully by this time it was late in the evening. The garden was shaded, there was a nice breeze and Chuck joined me to pick green beans.
I have a shirt that says, "gardening is my therapy." That is a true statement. It gives me joy to see the beauty. I hope you enjoyed a peek into my garden space.
Wendi












Your flowers look so beautiful--enjoy! We are harvesting snap peas and spinach, and I'll pick my first basil today--yum!
ReplyDeleteWendi, your flowers are stunning!!!! My goodness what a talent you have! Love them all, especially the window boxes. Have a nice weekend, and stay cool, my friend.
ReplyDeleteYour flowers are beautiful, Wendi. And your garden produce looks so good. I wanted to mention that I cannot post on your blog when I am on my tablet, which I use to comment on blogs. So I wait until I am on my laptop, which is not used as much as my tablet to comment here. I don't know why Blogger does that. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know. I hope you're having a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteOh, those flowers and well everything looks wonderful! Look at your produce! Awesome!!
ReplyDeleteIncredible flowers.
ReplyDelete