Sunday, June 07, 2026

Scenes from the Beach

Saturday morning we left Hatteras, NC sun kissed, sand dusted, and happily exhausted!

The view from our top deck. 
The area we stay in is sandwiched between the ocean and the sound. We love to go down to the dock on the sound side and watch the fishing vessels. 




You are able to walk to the end of island. Once there you can see the ocean and then scan right and see it meet the sound. It's amazing to see the island circled by water. I tried hard to get a picture, but it's one of those things that must be seen in person. In all the years we have been coming we've never walked all the way to the end. 

The closer we came to the end of the island the harded the sand was packed.  The landscape also changed with areas of trees and driftwood. It was quite different from anything I've experienced. 


As neat as it was we all agreed we probably won't make the walk to the end of island again. It was a five mile walk and wasn't alway easy. We'll call it a one in a lifetime experience. 

Megan loves to fish and had to opportunity to drop a line almost every where we went. That made her a happy girl. 

On Wednesday the island was under a Gale Warning. There were 30 mile an hour winds, and waves 6-11 feet tall. It stunk to lose a day of sun and fun, but it was something to experience. The waves seemed angry and we could feel the house sway slightly. I can't imagine being here during a hurricane!

Thankfully the next day was beautiful and we were back to fun in the sun!
The moon was incredible almost every night. I woke up one night and this was the view out of our window. I went out on the deck to snap this picture. Simply beautiful!

It's was a great trip! As always, the Outer Banks doesn't disappoint. I'm thankful for the memories made. 

Wendi

6 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! What a beautiful place and fun memories.
    We stayed in Duck on the ocean side, and the sunrises were gorgeous. We even saw dolphins from our deck. Love the Outer banks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful trip and I love the idea of a walk to the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful looking trip! That walk does sound long in that terrain! Wow! I’m glad you all had a beautiful time away together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beach pictures are gorgeous, Wendi. That is just the ideal vacation. I tried to comment on here last night from my tablet, but Blogger wouldn't let me, so I'm posting this from my laptop today. I hope you're having a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely photos, Wendi!
    The Outer Banks looks like such a special place, and it sounds like you made wonderful memories there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely place to go too, is it very populated? What a nice get away!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!