Since Chick-fil-A stopped serving their signature cole slaw they released the recipe due to popular demand. I decided to give it a try.
4 t vinegar
1/4 c sugar
1/4 t dry mustard
1/4 t salt
Wisk together.
Add 1 c mayo (when I worked there they used Kraft mayo)
Pour over
20 oz shredded cabbage
1/4 cup shredded carrot
Mix well.
After I diced my cabbage and cubed my carrots I put it into my mini food chopper. If you have ever eaten Chick-fil-A slaw then you know that it was finely chopped.
You might notice this is a little heavy on carrots. Well, that is the beauty of homemade, you can make it however you want. I just happen to like a little bit more carrot in mine.
I know that I have mentioned that I worked at Chick-fil-A for six years in the late '80's - early '90's. At one point I worked mornings in the kitchen doing food prep. I can't tell you how many pounds of this cole slaw I have made.
Having the cabbage and carrots prepped made this an easy side for dinner. In case you are wondering how I got 20 oz of cabbage in a quart jar, well, I didn't. The recipe made a little much for my family of three. I cut the recipe in half. Another one of those perks of making it yourself. I am happy to say that it taste just like the real deal.
May your day be filled with joy in the journey!
This sounds yummy!!! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteOHHHH! So glad they released it. I got the lemonade recipe from your blog a long time ago. It really was a match!
ReplyDeleteOh yummy!! I'm gonna have to make this, I love Cole Slaw!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your week, Wendi!
Hugs, Amy
Thank you! We like cold slaw and I have all the ingredients
ReplyDeleteOh yum.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing the recipe for the coleslaw. I love coleslaw but my hubby is not a fan so I make it for myself or wait for my parents to come for a visit since my mom and I both love it!
ReplyDelete