The items that I didn't have she picked up and we got cooking. Simple stuff really. Hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, salad and cottage cheese.

After eating my niece, Lauren asked if we wanted to play a little baseball.

It was so much fun! We joked, laughed and had a great time.
Then we cooled off with a little ice cream.


A wonderful, relaxing evening spent with those I cherish. It really is the simple things!
I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!
What a nice weekend you had! I'm so happy for you. We had to have indoor fun because we are still having rain! Today is day 8 of it and I am so sick of the gray sky and the soggy shoes! :(
ReplyDeleteWendi,
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely big backyard you have. Perfect for hosting family gatherings!
I agree with you! Spur-of-the-moment things can be the most enjoyable!
ReplyDeleteThose unplanned, spontaneous times can be better than most well-planned events.
ReplyDeleteYou have a wonderful yard!
It is really special that you have so much family nearby. You all look like you are having a wonderful time.
nancyr
It doesn't get any better than that!
ReplyDeleteLooks like the perfect weekend! :-)
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Jill