Scribbling is the first step to writing and it is good for developing fine motor skills. This is something we will be doing more often since I found out today that Jamie doesn't really know how to hold her crayon and to scribble.To finish off the project I placed the girls colored heart into a soup can that had been wrapped in scrapbook paper.
Megan would hand me her finished heart and then say "more." (Her project is on the right.) The girls had so much fun that I need to find some more ideas for crafts with toddlers. If you have any suggestions or know of a good resource please let me know.
Very cute idea. I love this resource for ideas for toddlers...
ReplyDeletehttp://www.letteroftheweek.com/
Those are darling...and a great idea for the honorary grandmas that we have for Valentine's day...
ReplyDeleteThis is so cute! I'll have to have my 2 little one year old boys do something like this for their parents. My favorite resource is The Toddlers Busy Book by Trish Kuffner. It is awesome with lots of great ideas for the little ones rather than just watered down preschool activities, lists of junk to keep, and recipes to make your own paint, play-dough, etc. I purchased mine off of half.com a while back. Hope this helps!
ReplyDeleteOne of my very favorite toddler activities is to use a large piece of contact paper and let them stick collage materials on it. No glue needed! A couple of weeks ago, I did a big snowman shape and they stuck cotton balls on-it was a hit!
As you can probably tell- I LOVE toddlers.:-)
Cute idea.
ReplyDeleteAre those prescription containers on the lazy susan? With toddlers around, they need to be out of reach.
I used to license day care homes, and those things just jump out at me.
These are so sweet!
ReplyDeleteWe did pudding finger paints yesterday with my toddler and five year old. They loved it. I posted the recipe yesterday so feel free to check it out. I was having trouble loading pictures, but I will try to post them today.
I am going to feature this idea in my notebook entry today- so precious!
Very cute! :)
ReplyDeleteTry this site. It has crafts for all ages but some for smaller ones too. I got a few cute Valentine ones for Aynslee off this site.
ReplyDeletewww.dltk-kids.com
Cute! I think you have inspired me to do something with my 14 month old. He hasn't ever done coloring yet, but whenever he gets one of my pens (cap on) he pretends to scribble just like he see's mommy do. I'll bet he's ready for scribbling! Thanks for the motivation... maybe we will make some sort of Valentines for grandparents!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Wendi,
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing--those are so cute! You have great craft ideas with patterned paper.
That is such a fun thing to do. I think I will borrow it for children's church...Mary
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea! Family Fun magazine has fun ideas & so does their website familyfun.com
ReplyDeleteThese are beyond adorable!!! Ssshhhhh... don't tell Mr. U, but I am going to "help" Elizabeth make some of these for him for Valetine's Day!! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for a sweet idea!!
His,
Mrs. U