Monday, January 28, 2008

Valentine Crafting

I had some wonderful quite time yesterday afternoon. Megan was napping and even Chuck took a rare nap. I usually don't decorate for Valentine's Day until February 1st, but since I had a little time I decided to get a head start.

I have been seeing some really cute banners in Blog land and decided to make one for myself. This is what it looks like:

I know it is hard to see in detail. I wrote 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 on each heart.

Love is patient
Love is kind
Love does not envy
Love does not boast
Love is not proud
Love is not rude
Love always trust
Love always hopes
Love never fails

I decided to hang it at the kitchen window. It was looking a little bear after all of the Fall and Christmas decorations had been put away.

Another thing I did was change out my Mason Jar candle holders.


I removed the corn and the candles and ribbon that match my kitchen. I added Conversation Hearts, pink polka dot ribbon and pink candles. They are so versatile and use two things that I love, mason jars and candles! The best thing about these is that come the first of March I can leave in the pink candle and ribbon and just add jelly beans to the bottom! I am so glad that I stumble onto this idea.

I have been working on a few more things for Valentine's Day. I am hopeful that I will have them complete before Valentine's Day. If not, I guess there is always next year!




11 comments:

  1. I love the banner ideas. I've seen them on a few blogs, too. And the candle holders are just the cutest things, aren't they? I did a similar one last year, but on a much smaller scale. I like your idea of using jelly beans in March. I think I might have to steal your idea! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your banner! I need to get one of those candle dishes to put on top of one of my mason jars...cause I just love how flexible they are to change out for the seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two brilliant ideas that I shall just have to try!!
    Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT....so creative...
    the MAson jars are so neat..
    Deby

    btw..having TWO giveaways on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, Wendi!

    I love how the banner turned out--great idea to use the words from I Cor. 13!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your banner idea. I also LOVE your kitchen curtains!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to get busy on my February decorations! Those look great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I love the idea... and the mason jar candle holder! I'm going to have to do that!!!

    Love what I've seen of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the banner and the mason jar idea!
    So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the heart banner and plan on using this one! Thank you for sharing. I really like the mason jar and candle as well.
    Melissa
    http://homeschoolblogger.com/kaysmarmey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks great! I love mason jars and candles too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!