Friday, January 04, 2008

Pesky Squirrel!

The area where we live has lots of squirrels. Generally I like having them around. It is fun to look out the window and see them chasing each other or getting a drink out of the birdbath. The bad part is that they tear up our trash cans trying to get in. They bite on the lids so much that we end up replacing them. Then yesterday this happened.


Yes, that is a squirrel helping himself to a piece of cake! It is not uncommon for me set something outside to cool. I guess that yesterday the smell of a fresh baked chocolate cake was just too much for this squirrel!

8 comments:

  1. What a rascal! We're not too fond of squirrels around our house. They are always getting into the birdseed. At least your squirrel has good taste. ;)

    Blessings,
    Mrs. C

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe that's why so many don't like squirrels. I can't believe that. I can only imagine how frustrating that would be. I hope you had a good day inspite of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got to be able to win some kind of prize for that pic and story! While I'm sure it was frustrating, it does make an entertaining story! Being from IN, we have had our share of squirrel, raccoon, and chipmunk stories, but NONE of them had the good taste that your squirrel does! Gotta love that chocolate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, he's cute! Looks like he really enjoyed your cake...and that you'll have to find another cooling place, LOL! We actually buy peanuts for our squirrels and throw them out every day. They never try to get in our trash or eat my tulip bulbs. Maybe that is your solution...give them something they like better than cake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with Molly. You should try and find a contest to enter this in. Too cute. Smiles---- Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wendi,

    That is so funny! The only rascal that's snitched my baked goodies is our dog. We can never leave anything out to close to the edge of the counter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my gosh! i am sure he is awful pesky...but boy is he CUTE!!! You got an awesome photo of him!!! :) i love that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!