Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Lemon Pound Cake



2 3/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cup butter, softened
1 tsp lemon extract
5 eggs
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup evaporated milk

Heat oven to 350. Grease and flour (or sugar) 12 cup bundt cake pan. Beat sugar, butter, extract and eggs on low speed for 3o seconds, scraping sides of bowl constantly. Beat on high speed 5 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Beat in alternately with milk on low speed. Spread in pan. Bake 1 hour 10 minutes - 1 hour 20 minutes or until wooden tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.

For glaze:

mix powdered sugar, milk and lemon juice. (sorry no exact measurements I just mix in milk and lemon juice a little at a time to get the correct consistency) Drizzle over cake. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. That looks sooooo good! I just think I might try that. I have a bundt pan in the cupboard that i never use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great and my hubby loves anything lemon! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delicious! My mother in love used to make one, and it was so moist and tender! Now, she uses low fat, low sugar, and in my opinion, low taste! ;o) It's just not as good. I'm going to try yours. Thank you for posting the recipe. A little "sunshine" today would be good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOOHHHHHH YUMMMMYYY!!!! I love anything lemon!!

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!