Friday, February 01, 2008

One Year Ago...

One year ago today we received the call letting us know we had a referral. We waited 17 months for our referral. We had dreamed of our baby girl, spoke of her daily and our hearts were already full of love for her. This is the first picture we saw of our sweet Megan.


I can't even put into words what I felt at that moment. I was crying tears of joy and could not believe that after years of longing for a child, here she was. Parenthood is everything I imagined and more. Challenging, exhausting and most of all rewarding. Hearing my sweet girl say Mama and getting her wonderful kisses just warm my heart.

What a difference a year makes!







8 comments:

  1. She's such a cutie!!! Congratulations to your family. God has certainly blessed you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special blessing from the Lord! I'm sure you cannot imagine what life would be like without her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Loved seeing the pictures, Wendi. So much to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that was just the best call ever! The adoption journey is definitely hard but oh so worth it! What a day of rejoicing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing year we've had. I wouldn't trade one single moment. I'm betting you wouldn't either. Fantastic pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so beautiful. May our Lord continue to bless all of you....Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful! She's such a cutie, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A year already???? OH HOW TIME FLIES!!! She looks so big!! Isn't it amazing how much our little sweeties have just shot up this past year???? Where did our baby girls go?????

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!