Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Organizing: Coat/Craft Closet

I am on my way to organizing my closets and such. This closet is in our living room entry area.

Here are the before pictures:


I received several picture boxes for Christmas last year and never utilized them! They had been sitting on the shelf for the last year. I know, shame on me!
Here are the after pictures:


It was such a mess that every time I went searching for something things just fell out. I can't believe I am admitting this! Now everything is put away and labeled. This area is always a thorn for me. I am only 5 foot and need a stool to reach most anything on the shelves. I admit that I am just lazy and don't want to take the time to get the stool out! One of my goals is the maintain order in this closet.


I know it is silly, but I am so happy with the results that I have opened the closet door several times since it has been cleaned out!


8 comments:

  1. There is nothing like a newly organized space to motivate us to keep organizing or go back and look at how nice it looks! Great job on your closet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, Wendi. The organization is great. It looks very nice and I could have written the part about being short and not wanting to drag out a step stool. The story of my life.
    I appreciated your insight on the Clean Home Clean Heart series and am in the same boat....I have a lot of places in my home that I just don't want company to see and am thinking that may translate spiritually as well. Thanks for the food for thought. Blessings today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! That is such a good feeling to have. I worked on my son's closet this past week and it is so much better. I am short too and that stool is such a pain. I am glad to hear that I'm not the only one who can use the stool as an excuse :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Organizing always makes me feel better too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendi,

    Thanks for sharing!

    Organization must be the theme of the day, as this is the 5th (including my own) post I've read on this subject today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! Dejunking, organizing and simplifying is my theme for this year! We are in the midst of construction in our house (since August) and it has been such a mess all the time that it is driving me CRAZY! We are seeing the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel and I have started some small organizational projects...wow, it is amazing how good I feel after even completing something small! I know what you mean about wanting to go back and look at it again! :) Makes you want to sigh with relief! We now have a CLEAN and organized bedroom (before it had all the stuff for our schoolroom and office, too! What a mess!)...I told my hubby that I would like to spend all my time in that room right now b/c it is so relaxing to have a clean place! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh that looks wonderful!!! Great job with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love when something is sorted out...and all tidy...looks great.
    Deby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!