Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Suzy Q


At a family gathering Chuck's aunt brought homemade Suzy Q. It was so delicious that I asked for the recipe.

Bake a chocolate cake in a 13x9 pan. Allow to cool and then cut cake in half.

For filling:

5 TBS flour
1 cup milk

Bring to a boil stirring constantly. Cook until thickened. Refrigerate until completely cool.

Beat together:

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Add milk & flour mixture. Whip well. The more you whip the fluffier it gets.

Spread mixture on half of the cake and then top with the remaining half. I wasn't thinking when I cut the cake in half. I should have cut it in half by cutting off the top! I am not sure what I was thinking when I did that. Oh well, it still tasted great, it just didn'quite have the Suzy Q look. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! Also a great summer time dessert! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when I was in college, I lived on suzy-q's....that looks so delicious! I'm going to wait until I've lost a little more weight before I make it though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I gained five pounds, just looking, and longing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!