Friday, April 11, 2008

This and That

Spring has finally arrived and I couldn't be happier. The last few days have been great! We have been able to go outside and play. Megan has decided that she likes the big girl swing more then the baby swing. She is growing up way to fast!


I was able to get some cabbage planted. I put in four plants. I planted them in the flower bed at the back of the house. We have put cages around the cabbage to keep out the rabbits and depending on the day to keep out the kids! We are working on a tighter budget this year so they will fill in some of the area where annuals are normally planted.


Speaking of budget. Yuck! We have been working on a new budget this week. Hopefully it will be finished this weekend. With the rising cost of gas and groceries we are needing to tweak and tighten the budget. Not fun!

My brother-in-law, Brian is on his way home from Afghanistan! It is a four day trip so he should be arriving at Ft. Bragg sometime around the 12th. We are anxious to hear that he has arrived safely.

We have a full weekend. My niece and nephew will be spending the day with us on Saturday and then Sunday we will be attending a memorial party for Chuck's great aunt. Her wishes were to have no funeral, but a party to celebrate her life.

Wishing everyone a fantastic weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Wendi,

    Wow--love seeing that green grass. We had snow here this morning. =(

    Also fun to see your garden being planted--hooray for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi-My brother is in Afghanistan right now with the SC National Guard-He is getting ready to leave to come home-he also has to go to Fort Bragg-wondered if they were together-we can't wait for him to get home-Best wishes for your family-I love reading all of your tips and suggestions-I was very motivated by the Spring cleaning-
    www.journeytoannagrace.net-
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan is so cute!!!

    I hear you on the gas. My husband went to fill his truck the other day and it topped out and shut off at $100. His tank wasn't even full. YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are enjoying the nice weather Wendi!!! Megan is tooo cute!!! :) I hope your BIL has a safe trip home!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!