Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Green Beans

I went to restock my kitchen pantry today and this is all of the green beans that were left in my stash!

Three jars! We are huge green bean eaters. We only like fresh or home canned. I can tell a huge difference between beans in a can or in a jar. Even Megan can tell the difference. A couple of weeks ago she had some out of a can and said "icky" and pulled in out of her mouth when she took a bite.

I hope for a wonderful growing season so that I can tons of home grown beans.

3 comments:

  1. We love homemade canned green beans, too. My supply is dwindling and needs to be restocked. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blanched and freezed our beans, but I thought they tasted kind of weird. I guess we'll stick with fresh! I used to like the canned ones, but now I'll only eat them in a casserole. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never canned green beans. Any chance you would demonstrate how when you do it this summer??

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!