Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Lazy Day Update

Yesterday was fantastic! I wasn't quite as lazy as I thought I might be, but I just did what I felt like. After showering Megan and I went outside to remove the covering from the plants. There have been freeze warnings the last two nights. We chatted with a couple of neighbors and then headed back inside. It was much to cool to stay out for long.

I ended up doing three loads of laundry, cleaned the bathtub, sink and toilet. I still need to do some more cleaning in there, but that was all I felt like doing yesterday.

My swap package is almost ready to go. I have a few finishing touches to put on the goodies and then it will be ready to mail. If not late today then it should go out tomorrow. It is always so much fun getting my package together.

For dinner I made something simple. Scrambled eggs with ham & cheese along with biscuits. Pillsbury. I have not found a wonderful from scratch biscuit recipe yet. I made biscuits for years at Chick-fil-A, but I was young and didn't hang on to the recipe. I was there in the "old" days when everything was from scratch. Now they use mixes. If you have a tried and true recipe that you would like to share....

After dinner we ended back out to re-cover all of the plants. There is suppose to be a warm up today so we shouldn't have to do that task tonight. Hopefully not again until fall.

I went to bed last night feeling refreshed and am still feeling that way this morning. I have a huge list of things to do today so I need to get busy. Hope everyone had a great Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Sonds like a wonderful day. It is still a little cool here this Morning...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how I came across your blog, I was just thinking about posting something about how my heart is always at home these days. My daughter is 21 months and from China too! What province is she from? Ours is from Guangdong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always loved my Mom's biscuit recipe:

    1234 biscuits

    1 c. milk
    2 c. flour
    3 Tbsp. shortening or butter
    4 tsp. baking powder

    Cut flour, shortening and baking powder together. Stir in milk. Use more flour as needed - roll out and cut. Bake at 400 until lightly browned.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!