Thursday, April 24, 2008

Fudge Pudding Pops

One of the ways we have decided to reduce our grocery budget is to start making our own popsicles. Premade ice cream pops and sandwiches are expensive!

I had popsicle molds on my thrift/garage sale list, but when I saw these and the price at Cracker Barrel I went ahead and purchased them. I thought the patriotic handles were really cute!

For my first try I made Fudge Pudding Pops. The recipe is from May/June Taste of Home Simple & Delicious magazine.


1/4 cup butter, cubed
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
4 cups milk
1 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
1 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
Popsicle molds

In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Stir in brown sugar, coca and salt. Bring to boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.

Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool for 20 minutes, stirring several times.

Pour into popsicle molds insert popsicle sticks. Freeze until firm.

These are very tasty, although very rich. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Yummy! I will have to try those. We can't get popsicles like that here and our girls would love them! Tried your Suzy Q cake the other day...yummo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendi,

    I bought popsicle molds at the end of last summer--can't wait to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!