Friday, April 18, 2008

Toy "Garage"

We have been pondering what to do with this space:



This is the area under the platform for the slide. We thought about making it into a sandbox. Then I thought do I really want to climb under there with the kids? Not really. We have been blessed with lots of hand me down outside toys and started putting the toys under there. It worked perfect!


Well, except for when it had rained. Because of the lack of sunlight the soil would stay wet for a long time. Our solution was to line the area with landscape fabric and then put rocks into the area.


Now the toys can be "parked" in what we lovingly refer to as the "garage." I no longer have to worry about Megan stepping in mud when she gets her car out of the "garage."

When playtime is over and I tell Megan and friends that it is time to clean up and put the cars in the "garage" they know exactly where I mean. I love that everything has a spot is not all over the back porch or strewn about the yard.


2 comments:

  1. Great idea...I have a spot just like that - maybe we will follow your lead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea and so easy for the children to learn how and where to put their toys after they have finished playing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!