Friday, April 04, 2008

Happy Friday!

The last few days have been busy and have just flown by!

Tuesday afternoon Grandma (Chuck's mom) came by to spend the afternoon. Megan had a wonderful time. I was even able to sneak off and sweep and mop the kitchen without a little helper. (Yes, it is the little things that make me happy!)

Wednesday night we celebrated Megan's first year home. I decorated a cookie and we shared it with family. Chuck made a wonderful DVD slide show along with the song I Hope You Dance by Lee Ann Womack. It brought tears to my eyes when I watched it. It was so wonderful that I wanted to share it will all of you. Unfortunately the program he used to make it is not compatible with Blogger. Boo! He also had a book made that is titled The Story of Megan. Such a thoughtful man I am married to!

We have started to teach Megan the importance of saving money. She was very excited when we introduced her piggy bank, which she affectionately calls "Piggy." She loves to put coins into Piggy. Spare change is no longer safe in our home.


I was able to chase a few more good deals this week. (Okay Mom, you were right, this did make my blog!) Kroger has some wonderful sale items this week. I was able to purchase all of the above (32 items) for $14.77. Chuck was very excited to get some snacks that I normally wouldn't buy. You can find out more information by visiting Money Saving Mom.

I have been working on a cute herb garden for my kitchen window. I am hoping to have it finished this weekend. I am very excited to see it complete. Of course I will post once it is complete.

I hope that everyone has had a good week and has an even better weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Wendi,

    What thoughtful celebrations! Nathan has a piggy bank, too, and for now we plan to add coins every year on his b-day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that you are able to making memories that will last a lifetime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wishing you a beautiful weekend...Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!