Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Jean Pocket Napkin/Silverware Holder


I have been cutting old jeans into scraps. Once I was finished this is all that was left of the jeans.


I have several projects planned and the first one used the back pockets. This was such an easy project. No sewing involved! I cut out the jean pockets following the stitching.


This is how I cut the top of the pocket. I used pinking shears to cut the top and cut low enough so that the cut line would not be seen from the front of the pocket.


I decided to us bandannas as napkins. I folded them into fourths to create a square and then placed the silverware at an angle.


I then folded the bandanna from one side until I rolled past the silverware. I then rolled the rest of the bandanna from the other side. I basically made the bandanna into a burrito.


I then folded up the bottom half of the bandanna and slid it into the jean pocket.



I thought these would be really cute to use on our outdoor table.

3 comments:

  1. great idea - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! You may recall my love for using old denim in crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are adorable! Thanks for the cute idea, I will have to try that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!