Monday, May 29, 2017

Weekend Update

The following picture is courtesy of my brother-in-law.
He calls today the worst holiday ever. I can see why. He lost some really good friends. Thankful for those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. 

********************************************************

We had a busy weekend. 
The big project was helping my parents put a new liner in their pool. 
It is filling up nicely and I know a little girl who can't wait to swim. 

Monday we were able to spend a good portion at home. Do you see how my garden is doing?
If you are wondering what garden, so am I. Chuck usually puts a fence up around it and hasn't been able to do it with all of rain we have been receiving. Sadly some critters have been eating my plants! I am down to four tomato plants, one pepper, two zucchini and green beans that are just breaking ground. I guess I will need to replant. Ugh!

I spent some time pulling out the garden pretties. I enjoy adding the little bit of personality. 
The bathroom closet was emptied and I moved some shelves. 
I was able to get some additional items stored and now have a neat, tidy space. 

This week brings a new month which means I will be doing my monthly grocery shopping.
I hope to do some cleaning and to decorate with a little red, white and blue. We'll see how much gets done with a shorter week and I am still trying to get into my summer groove. 

May your day be filled with joy in the journey!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Wendi,
    I agree with your BIL, I'm grateful brave service members defend our country but their loss is so sad.

    I hope you all have a wonderful summer and Megan has lots of swimming time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your closet looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!