Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Tackle it Tuesday #9

Planting flowers, trimming bushes. This is the all about sprucing up the outside edition. Once I put flower in the front window boxes I knew that giving the bushes a trim was a must. 
 I then cut grass and planted plenty of flowers. 
 I decided on pink and purple for the back porch planters. 
 The standard petunia went into the window boxes on the side of garage. 
 A couple of impatients for my beloved wagon. Sadly it will most likely be the last year as the bottom of the wagon is about to rust out. 
Perennials for the newly repaired flower bed. It will be nice to maintain and not have to continuously plant in here each year. 
 There was a patch of concrete that was cut out and it left an ugly, muddy area that I decided to fill in with flowers and mulch this year.  I'm sorry that I didn't do it sooner. 
 The last items tackled was the garden. It will need to be tilled once more and then I will plant.

I am starting to feel like the outside is coming together. Caring for things and planting a flower or two does so much to make a home look lovely. What projects have you tackled in the last week? 

May your day be filled with joy in the journey!
 

4 comments:

  1. I also love a garden full of flowers, but because I live in an apartment, I have to settle for balconies!
    It's a shame about your red wagon... :(
    Can't you put a wood board or something that can stand water on the bottom, so that you can keep using it? I hope so!
    Me and my husband's projects for this week, are tackling and changing the window sills in our house.
    Have a wonderful week!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great. I love your wagon!!!! I have been just keeping a routine to for our home. I have finally found a good flow over the last few months. Well for this season anyway. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your yard and flowers look lovely. Before you toss your wagon, put some thought into how you can replace the bottom of the wagon. I have been working on sprucing up the front porch. I planted some trees, and clean out our little barn today. Many more projects on the list. I still have not finished my landscape across the front. Waiting on $$$ if you know what I mean. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've worked a little outside but still so much to do! Inside one project I tackled was the fridge freezer. It was so full and nasty. Took everything out, cleaned it out really good. Threw away a bunch of random stuff that was gross (door had been left open recently so some stuff thawed)and organized everything else. It looks great and we can grab what we need without everything falling out! Only took about 15 minutes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!