Thursday, May 04, 2017

Joy in the Ordinary

I didn't have plans to be away from my little space on the web for so long. What can I say except life happens!

Today is a rainy day. I peeked out a few minutes ago and there is over an 1 1/2 inch of rain so far. It sounds like it will be here for a bit as the forecast is calling for over 3 inches of rain by Saturday morning. 
Add that to what we received last weekend and we are looking at a soggy mess!
While running errands last Saturday we went by some fields that had been planted. It has me wondering if the farmers will have plant again. Not good! 
The school year is winding down and with that comes a season of busy. An afternoon was spent watching the puppet plays the kids created. They were very interesting! Especially the teams of boys who all had at least one fight scene in their plays. :) Laughter is good for a body and we certainly laughed that afternoon! 
A morning of bowling and then an evening at the school carnival. We manned the duck pond. It was an easy task compared to years past when our post involved tossing balls and stacking cans multiple times. Whew! 
Arranging her board for the science fair. Judging is Friday. This is the last big project of the year. 
Chuck took an old microwave apart and Megan has been having a blast with these magnets that were inside. They are stong little things! 
I thought the years of playing on the swing set was about done. Megan has shown a renewed interest and even asked if she could add a small climbing wall. I know that the time of play is numbered and I will not rush it to end. 
Today Chuck and I are celebrating 16 years of marriage!
I am grateful to call this guy mine!

Between rain showers I have been spending as much time as I can outside. The wet, warm spring has caused the weeds to sprout up. I am having trouble keeping up with them! My hope to have them tackled within the next week. Hopefully Mother Nature will cooperate with me! 

If you don't see me around for the next few weeks know that I am either busy with a school activity or outside working in the flower beds and hopefully the garden soon!


May your day be filled with joy in the journey! 

5 comments:

  1. I do remember when my own children were in school that the last month of the year was just a whirlwind.
    We have also had lots of rain.
    Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun times! We are having rain too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!

    It definitely sounds busy! Enjoy as it all just goes so quickly...

    A climbing wall sounds fun, will she build it herself?

    Happy weekend!

    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wendi, this is my first visit to your blog. I found you through Laura at Harvest Lane Cottage. My Heart Is Always Home sounded like a blog I would love, so I stopped by.

    Congratulations on 16 years of marriage. Marriage isn't always easy, but working through the difficulties makes a marriage stronger. My husband and I celebrated our 31st back in February.

    I look forward to popping by regularly.

    Blessings,
    Patti @ Joy in the Middle
    https://pattiamg03.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!