Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day

I put in my request for Mother's Day. What I really wanted was to  work on a landscape project. Chuck was on board with that. Friday Chuck was off and we tackled the clean up of the area I had requested to work on. 

Every thing was cleared out and Chuck repositioned some of the edging. That evening we took my parents out to dinner to celebrate early with my mom. Afterwards I was taken flower shopping. Yes!
  I came home with the van full of summer time love! Being surrounded by blooming flowers in the summer months makes me happy. Chuck and Megan know that this is my love language!

Saturday morning I was able to putter around planting until it was time to take my mother-in-law out for lunch.  Sadly Chuck's step dad couldn't join us as he was working on a now or never real estate deal. After an enjoyable meal we returned home to finish our project.
I am super happy. Even Chuck commented on how this had been a neglected area for far too long. It's simple and once the hosta start to fill out it should look great. 

Sunday morning I was given cards and served breakfast. The morning didn't go quite as planned. The stem came off of my glasses. Chuck could not get it back on. I am to the point where I am wearing glasses full time. We switched gears and got ready and waited for the eyeglass store to open. Unfortunately they can not be repaired. They didn't have my frame in stock so it had to be ordered. Thankfully it shouldn't be long and in the meantime I will struggle along the best I can. 

The weather has been beautiful. I puttered in the yard some this afternoon and spent some lazy time on the back porch reading. 

Besides the minor glasses set back it was the slow, easy Mother's Day weekend I had requested. I hope you had wonderful Mother's Day!

May your day be filled with joy in the journey! 

4 comments:

  1. That was a day weel spent!
    I also love flowers, but because we live in an apartment, I only have balconies!
    Hope you and your family, have a wonderful week!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I've been working a little on some flowerbeds too. My father-in-law gave me a gift card he had but didn't use to Tractor Supply. I went Saturday and got a hanging geranium and a few other garden items. The flowers do make everything look prettier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a lovely day, Wendi!
    And sorry about the glasses...
    I cannot see a thing without mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to get your garden beds in order for a Mother's Day gift! I too, love flowers, and nothing makes me happier than to see beautiful flowers in my yard! Sorry about your glasses too, I understand how such a little thing can really make life a challenge. Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!