Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.

I never tire of the simple sight of fresh laundry blowing in the breeze.
 I am working on updating my homekeeping schedule. I'm trying to add a little more deep cleaning each day.
 Tuesday is kitchen day and I washed the items that are kept on the counters and windows. My hope to cut down on the amount of deep cleaning in the Spring and Fall.
 I find that keeping home is ever changing and some things work better then others. As the seasons of life change so must the homekeeping rhythm.

Just because they made me happy. :)
 My evening view as I enjoy some time to relax and read.
One of the things I enjoy this time of year is the ability to iron outdoors. If you have never tried it I encourage you to do so. Super relaxing!
 Some fresh spinach from the garden.
 Some of it was used to make a smoothie. It was a recipe using spinach, coconut milk, almond butter, honey and blueberries. It was from a well known doctor television show and was suppose to be a detox for acid reflux. I haven't said much, if anything, but I have a major reflux issue.
Anyway, a direct quote from Megan about the smoothie.... "If I have to drink this my tongue will fall off!"  Bwahaha!! I happen to agree and needless to say it won't be made again.

May your day be filled with joy in the journey!


8 comments:

  1. I have a lot of acid reflux too. It is so annoying. Bragg's apple cider vinegar helps a lot but hasn't diminished the symptoms entirely. I have to really watch how fast I eat as that seems to trigger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the reflux. I had it bad. Dr. said drink lemon water all day. 8oz water with a tablespoon of lemon juice. As worked very well. I can even sleep in bed and not a recliner chair...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! That's is funny about what Megan said. Ironing outdoors sounds so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny about the smoothie LOL
    I also have nasty acid-reflux. I do wish something would take that away. And I love to iron, but never have a ventured to do it outside. But it looks like you have a large lovely back porch! Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have acid reflux too and have tried just about everything to get rid of it! But most everything doesn't help me. I'll stick to my Previcid!! Megan cracks me up! Some of the cure all smoothies are nasty! Believe me, I've tried!!
    Spinach from the garden...how nice!
    Anything you can do to help lighten the Fall cleaning is well worth it in my book!
    Enjoy your weekend Wendi!!

    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your back porch and yard...very lovely Wendi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to say, but I would agree with Megan on that. To me the fresh spinach, blueberries, coconut milk, almond butter would be good individually, but not blended. I wonder if they would work eaten separately. I seldom have acid reflux, but honey has caused me severe stomach cramps since I was a child. I tried to eat honey so many different times, it has always looked so pretty and tastes so good, but I finally stopped even trying it sometime after the age of 40. I don't know why it makes my stomach cramp, but it always has.

    The view into your backyard is so pretty. It looks like you have a perfect place for reading.

    My son in law, who is a plumber, took the disposal out of the sink in the home that they recently bought. Neither my daughter nor he grew up using one, so don't miss having one. He says he has so many jobs that are caused in one way or another from the disposal, that he didn't want one. I suppose that if they ever move from that house it will be easy enough for him to put one back in.

    I know Megan will enjoy doing a lot of swimming at her grandparents' home. That looks like a very nice pool.

    Have a fun weekend! Maybe it will be warm enough to swim.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! I love Megan's comment about the smoothie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!