Sunday, September 25, 2016

A Day in My Life #5

Monday, September 19th

My alarm went off at 6 am. I saw Chuck off, took a look at the checkbook, took a shower and then woke Megan up at 7. While Megan ate I packed her snack and finished getting ready. We hit the road at 7:30 since the weather wasn't clear.
 It was a fun drive! Oh, and don't worry I wasn't snapping pictures while driving. I was completely stopped. :)

I made a quick stop on the way home.
I picked up some fresh items for the week plus a treat.
 Once home I prep everything and tidy the kitchen.
 By now it is 8:45 and I sit down for a bowl of Honey Nut Cherrios and my quiet time.
 When I am finished I read some blogs and then work on some post.
 By now it is 10:30. I go to make the beds and realize that the nose bleed Megan had the night before got on her quilt. I start a load of laundry and then start on the chore of the day. Monday is my day to clean the living room. Once done I decide to clean the living room and hallway carpet.
 I finish at 11:45, throw the laundry into the dryer and head out to take a break and get some fresh air.

 I enjoy watching the birds fly from the feeder to the bird bath.
 By now it is about noon. I head back inside to start dinner.
 Can you guess what is on the menu?  Once dinner is simmering I make a lunch of leftovers.
 After lunch I catch the last of the noon news to check the weather and then fold the laundry.
 Megan's quilt had come unstiched. I had purchased the thread to repair it and now was a good time to take care of it.
 Manufacturers don't leave much extra material when they make things. My mom was with me when I purchased the thread and she suggested I use some heat and bond the help with this repair.
 I am glad she did as it was difficult to stretch the material to get it back together.
 Not perfect, but better then falling apart. Since the iron is out I do the little bit of ironing I have from laundry I completed over the weekend. While I work on this my sister calls and we chat until almost 2.
 I quickly put the clothes and ironing things away so I can freshen up. I head out for the pick up line at 2:20.
 I read, text with Chuck and listen to Dave Ramsey.
 There is construction on the way home so we are delayed and don't make it home until 3:35. About 10 minutes later then normal. I go out to water flowers and Megan works on her homework.
 She has three math problems she struggles with. She is frustrated and I tell her to take a break and we will get back to it after dinner. She is off to her room and I finish getting dinner ready. Chuck walks in the door at 5. While he changes I put dinner on the table.
 We are done eating about 5:30. While I clean up Daddy helps Megan with her math.
 They finish up and Megan goes to take a shower.
 While she is in the shower I sweep and mop the kitchen and Chuck goes out to work on a project.
 I am done with the kitchen a little after 6 and head out to read while he works and the floor dries.
 Chuck has created a mini ladder to use in my laundry room makeover.
 Once Megan is out of the shower she sits outside chatting with me before she goes into the garage to "work" while Chuck puts his tools away.
At 7:15 Chuck and Megan come in from the garage and I make Megan a snack.  
When snack is finished we have family devotions, watch some TV and Megan heads to her room to wind down at 8:30. Lights are out for Megan at 9 and Chuck and I go sit on the back porch and talk. We are back in at 9:15 because of the mosquitos. We watch TV, surf the net and then head for bed at 9:45. 


  1. Great post! I tried to record a day of my life like you but I sorta dropped off by lunch time! The heat bond was a great idea! They really do not leave you much room to mend.

  2. Hi, Wendi..
    I had my morning coffee enjoying your day with you....
    Thanks again..

  3. Having morning devotions always makes the day go so much better... it is nice to get a peek into your day! You got a lot accomplished, and awesome fix on the quilt!

    Hugs to you today! :)


Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!