Monday, November 13, 2017

Seeing the End

Did you all have a good weekend? It was very nice here. I feel like I was able to accomplish a few things and am seeing light at the end of the tunnel for our big project.

I felt like we were running out of good weather opportunities to get pictures for Christmas.  Chuck agreed that with the coming cold weather and a busy schedule it wasn't looking good for family pictures.  Off to plan B.  

If you've been around a while you know we generally take our own pictures.  Thursday was a warmer afternoon so Megan and I headed out for a photo shoot.  

A windy day might not have been the best day to use a brown paper back drop! It made for some silly out-takes and many laughs.  I did manage to get a couple of good shots.  I won't reveal the shot I used until the cards have gone out in the mail.  

Chuck was off on Friday.  We took advantage of the day to drop Megan off at my parents and head out together.  
We went out for lunch and then did some shopping. 

The new drywall in our third bedroom turned office/craft room/pantry is complete.  Chuck finished the sanding and then cleaned the walls on Saturday.  I'm sure you all heard my happy yell. *smile*  
I don't know if you've ever had drywall work done, but let me tell you it's a dusty process.  Even with the door to the room taped off the dust escaped to every nook and cranny in the house.  While Chuck and Megan were out helping someone Saturday afternoon I started cleaning.  

The first room was the living room.  A light dust wouldn't cut it so I deep cleaned the space.  
Everything was taken down and washed.  Furniture was moved and every space was vacuumed or wiped down with a damp cloth.  All I need to do is clean the carpet.  I'm saving that project for when all the rooms have been cleaned and will only bring the carpet cleaner out once.  

All of the Fall decor was out during the dust storm.  It need to be cleaned also so I decided to go ahead and put it away.  I couldn't see pulling it down and the putting it back up.  One less thing I will have to do the Friday after Thanksgiving. 
When we came home Sunday afternoon the drywall was primed and one coat of paint was applied.  
The plan is put the second coat on tomorrow.  Time permitting I will spend the rest of week painting shelves.   Chuck said the ceiling and hopefully trim will be done next weekend.  I'm seeing the finish line and it makes me sooooo happy!

May your day be filled with joy in the journey!

15 comments:

  1. The room looks so good!! I am very familar with drywall dust as that is what my husband did for a living for about 25 years. He would come home covered with dust!! In his last years he expanded his business out to doing general contracting. Needless to say, I was very happy. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Wendi :) everything looks just lovely ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray the room is almost finished,
    I know all about that drywall dust, it’s so hard to clean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drywall dust is horrible, as is grout dust, as I found out recently. But hey, you are getting a good deep clean before Thanksgiving and Christmas... yay! I can't wait to see your family pic's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks awesome. Sorry about the dust, I know how you feel. I just sanding my countertops in the kitchen and now matter how I covered things up there was still dust inside of the cabinets, light fixtures... everywhere!! I hope that you were about to capture some great shots. Megan looked so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FABULOUS room!!!! How exciting!!!

    And Megan... oh dear dear dear.... she looks so grown!!!!!!! WENDI!!! We have GOT to do something about our girls getting big so quickly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's going to be great, but I know what a mess it is. It will be worth it in the end. Can't wait to see finished pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely weekend home, I can't wait to see the new room unfold. Megan is a beautiful young lady.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dry wall dust is the worst! And deep cleaning us a must after all that done dust covers and clowns to everything.

    I can't wait to see your new room. I love the color.

    Great memories in the making of a fun and beautiful Christmas photo!!

    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Either I need to go to bed or my autocorrect is doing its crazy thing again. I really can spell. Lol
      Deep cleaning is a must as it covers and clings to everything.

      Delete
  10. Sooo excited for you!!!
    And yes.
    The drywall dust.
    Ugh.
    But you sure handled that quickly!!!
    Have a cozy evening. : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. The room looks great! We have lots of paneling in our house so replacing it with drywall is on the "to do someday" list. Not looking forward to the dust!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad that you and your hubby were able to get out alone for a bit. That is so important. I can't wait to see the room when it is done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to see the completed room. I love the color, it is almost the exact color I just had Jonathan's room painted. Doing project such as this are a pain while in progress but so rewarding once they are completed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!