Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Food for Thought

Hello Friends!  We are still in project mode around here. My little closet office project has taken a back seat due to a water leak.  It has led to a bit of a remodel.  I'm trying to breath deep, remind myself I can do all things through Christ and hold on tight for the ride. ;)

                 *********************************************************
I don't know about you but comparison is one of my struggles. I often feel that I am not enough. Brianna's family and ours use to attend church together and were in the same homegroup.  She is wise beyond her years and shared her thoughts on this subject. It helped me see some of my negative thoughts and struggles in a new light.  Until I return, I hope this brings you some encouragement. 

Looking to the Harvest

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for linking to your friend's post. Learning not to compare myself to others has been a long and hard journey at times. I have beaten myself up countless times thinking that I am a failure or slacker because I could not manage to do it all. My hubby pointed out to me that while we were in the homeschooling years, that I had 2 full time jobs...being the kids teacher and being a full time stay at home mom. He is amazingly perceptive! ;) Now that my kids are grown and flown, I am dealing with health issues that have severely limited my energy and what I can do. Yes, there is still frustration there, but I am slowly learning to give myself grace and not feel like I have to or even want to for that matter, do all that I see others doing. I think the one big thing though that I struggle with is that I don't have the stamina and have so much pain that I can't do things like go for long walks, do some hiking, etc. like I used to. I miss that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry for the leak. I pray ot all goes well and quick repairing. Thanks for link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh, sorry to hear about the water leak! I will try to follow your friend's link. It is a hard thing, that comparison thing, indeed, but how wonderful when we realize that God's eyes are what really matters, eternally. Appreciate you dear friend, hope your remodeling project gets finished soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs to you! I hope you get everything fixed and fixed up quickly.
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!