Monday, September 18, 2017

A Day in My Life #14

Monday, September 11, 2017

I sent Chuck off and then went back to sleep. I slept until almost 7:30.  The extra sleep did nothing for my headache. I started the day with two pain relievers and then hit the shower. 
I woke Megan up when I was out of the shower. Once up and dressed we made breakfast. 
Once breakfast was complete I pulled out meat for dinner while Megan loaded the dishwasher. 
I threw in a load of laundry and then it was time for school. 
Megan rang the school bell about nine. 
In between helping Megan I worked on the laundry. 
We ventured out for lunch. Kids eat free! 
After lunch we went to my parents. 
Megan rode her scooter while I enjoyed some peace and quiet. 
On my way home I ran an errand to pick up some binders. While there some items were picked up for the church hurricane donation box. 
It was back to the books when we returned home.  
School was complete at 2:30 and it was time for dinner prep. While I was peeling potatoes Megan asked to do it. It didn't last long as she isn't quite ready for this task. 
While dinner was cooking I worked on putting the daily school work away and pulling out things for the next day. 
Megan spent the rest of the afternoon creating in her room. 
Dinner is done! Well, the pie filling anyway. I'll roll the crust out and put the pot pie in the oven before Chuck comes home. 
Chuck is home at five and dinner is on the table. 
After dinner Megan goes out to play and Chuck and I sit on the back porch. 
We head inside a little before seven. Wheel of Fortune is viewed and then we have devotions. Before Megan is off to bed she lights a crayon. It really works! 
Megan goes to her room at eight. Chuck and I watch some television. A little before nine I step outside for some fresh air. Chuck joins me and then I announce I'm heading for bed. He agrees that is a good idea. By 9:20 it's lights out for the entire house.

May your day be filled with joy in the journey!

12 comments:

  1. I have such fond memories of when I homeschooled my 3. I'm so glad it's working for you Megan. I really thought it would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well except for the headache nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So enjoyed sharing your day with you two!!
    Your dinner looked amazing.
    I am so happy you are enjoying homeschooling.
    So many things you are now able to do and to teach her, right???
    Hope the headache is gone.
    Have a cozy week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had a lot of headaches lately and decided it was allergies. I started using Flonase again and the headaches are way better. I love that you can really light a crayon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your pot pie looks amazing! We are just getting into our 3rd week of homeschool for the year, and the routine is still forming. It's going well, though. It's always a challenge to get going while there is still produce to preserve, the garden to finish, etc. Yesterday, we got a soaking rain, at last, out here in Oregon, and I'm hoping it has dampened the wildfires and will put them out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The chicken pot pie looks wonderful! Productive day you had!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my first year homeschooling as well. I have a 2nd and 4th grader. Would love to hear what curriculum you use. There are so many great resources and being so new to homeschooling, I love to hear what others use.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a great day minus the headache!! Your dinner looks delicious!

    Hugs to you,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a wonderful day. Restful, not rushed. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!