Monday, August 28, 2017

Saturday at Home

Saturday was such a beautiful day! I awoke a little before six and I was the first one up. That is rare since Chuck is an early riser. I took advantage of the quiet to slip outside with my Bible and a cup of tea.
It was only 58* when I stepped outside, so sipping some hot tea hit the spot. I spent some time with my Savior while watching the sun rise. A perfect start to what would be a perfect day!

The night before we had to make a run to the hardware store. While there I picked up some fall pretties. 
While Chuck and I were weeding the flower beds Megan was romping around the yard. 
 When the weeding was done I started to plant. The petunias needed pulled as they were starting to fade. I traded them out for mums. 


I made a quick lunch of pizza roll ups. Easy, easy. 
Roll out refrigerated pizza dough and then add your toppings of choice. I used tomato sauce, sausage and pepperoni. Roll up and cut into slices, like you would cinnamon rolls. Bake in a greased muffin tin at 425* for about 10 minutes. A fun take on pizza. 
After lunch Megan helped Chuck with a project while I gave all of my flowers a good water. 
The impatiens in the window boxes on the front of my home are full and beautiful this year. It brings me joy to pull into the drive and see them. 
While Megan and Chuck finished their project I spent the remainder of the afternoon reading. I love days that can be spent on the back porch! 
Chuck picked up a hitch hiker on his way back to the garage. 
A perfect blend of beauty, work and relaxation. Grateful for a much needed day at home!

May your day be filled with joy in the journey!


9 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful day. Your window boxes are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful day. It is still hot here. I am chomping at the bits for Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best kind of day!
    I love your Mums...
    Have a cozy evening, my friend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers are just beautiful!! I can't wait to plant some mums here when the weather cools a bit. Early mornings are my favorite and a cup of something hot and time with the Lord, makes it better! Take care and may you have a wonderful night~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love days where I can just putter around the yard or house. Your yard is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your day sounds lovely. Thanks for sharing the pizza roll recipe. I want to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Wendi

    Thank you so much for visiting my "little space" and for your sharing your kind thoughts.

    I love your posting here. It sounds "perfect" to me.

    Homespun Hugs ♥ Teri





    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your porch, I need to come up and try it out with you. :) What a wonderful Saturday, you all had. My impatiens did awesome this year as well, must be a good year from them. I love your home life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds perfectly wonderful to me! Those mums are so pretty. I need to go and pick some up either later today or tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!