Thursday, August 17, 2017

Random Thoughts

Cheryl from Copperwife advises to hold my plans loosely. Always great advise but I can really see the wisdom in it as I have started to homeschool.  During week one the math lesson plan was set aside and I went with plan B. Why? My girl needs some review in one area. It's easy to want to stay focused and to stay on schedule. Sometimes holding those plans loosely is the best thing in all matters of life. Soon we we will pick back up with the planned math.
Sleep is important! More important then a schedule. We had a late night and sleep in some. I should have let Megan sleep in more. We ended up with a few tears. (Hers not mine this time. *smile*) Only because my girl was tired. Lesson learned!!

You have to stick with your own convictions. When speaking with those who don't get homeschooling or even those super homeschoolers it's best to give short answers, smile and agree to disagree. The plan for my family may not be what you'd do, but the beauty is we can each do what we think is best. 
This, this post right here really spoke to me. I've always felt tremendous pressure to be more, to do more and this post made me realize that the life I live is perfectly fine. It made me cry and realize that maybe I am doing exactly what God always planned for me. 

I am having one of those moments where I am emotionally spent. The truck is broken, the lawn tractor died and I am having a health issue (nothing life threatening). I keep giving myself the pep talk to be grateful we have the van for Chuck to drive to work, be grateful that we have a push mower for the lawn and to be grateful that my health isn't worse. 

We tried to buy a new lawn tractor. Inventory is low so it isn't a good time. Let's just say it was a disaster. I returned it yesterday and almost cried when leaving Home Depot.  My guy came home I fell into his arms and all was right with me again. Life can be hard.  Honestly we were never promised easy, but I know it will all work out.  I have been praying for God to help me to trust and have faith.
I have joined instagram; wendib_well  My account is private so you'll have to send me a request to follow along. 

We have a jammed packed weekend planned. Friday we are going to the fair, Saturday we have people coming over to help cut down a tree and Sunday is our day of rest. After school I have to whip my home into shape and then do some grocery shopping for lunch on Saturday. You can't expect six men to work without feeding them. *smile* See you next week!

May your day be filled with joy in the journey!


6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the other post. It is something all women need to know. I am glad homeschooling is going well so far. I think the ladies advice is excellent about holding plans loosely. I know you already know this fact however I feel it is good sometimes to be reminded-GOD HAS GOT YOUR BACK! All thats going on has a purpose. Sometimes it is just to teach us to trust Him more. Take care and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl, and you took the time to pray for me and encourage me! Thank you.

    Homeschooling is a long haul. I've been at it since 1991, if you count from birth, 1996 if you count from kindergarten. Either way, it's a long time. I've got about three years left with my youngest. You are wise to tailor it to your child and your schedule. Trying to plow through can make some bad memories and rough emotional outbursts from both of you. ~grin~

    May God bless you and help you through this in Jesus' name.

    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. No matter how heavy homeschooling is, there is joy in it. Yes, you are in the will of God. Keep looking to Him, He knows right where you are today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wendi! I have been reading blogs very much this summer and haven't visited for a while. I'm so excited that you are going to be homeschooling Megan! I think you will make an excellent homeschooling mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read your blog for so long, Wendi! At almost 47, I've just come to realize that there is HARD in everyone's situation... and what is HARD for one person isn't hard for the next... I've also learned that there are seasons to life... after homeschooling we sent our kids back to Christian school last year and this year when they went back I excepted a preschool teaching job... as I sat at my desk this morning, I thought "this was not even CLOSE to the life I thought it was going to be"... and part of me thinks that stinks... part of me knows that the must not have been what God thought best for me... and laying me aside...what was best for my boys and my husband... I think the best purpose of all the Hard is to knit us closer to Christ and closer to each other... sometimes we have to unravel ourselves from some people...but I always remind myself that God gave me a few precious people who literally keep me from unraveling... there is beauty in our tears... You will be such an excellent homeschool mom because you alreaady were an excellent mom...and if you ever choose another path...you are still an excellent Mom... because you are PRESENT in your daughter's life!! Loved your post and I've read that article on the "mediocre" before...its one of my favorites!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. (((((((HUGS))))) The first year of homeschooling is the roughest as you figure out what does and does not work for your kids, family and for you. You did the right thing going back and reviewing things that needed more work. In the long run, this is going to help Megan whereas just pushing on with her not getting a concept will hurt her.

    I am sorry about things breaking and then you breaking down too. I'm glad that you felt better after falling into your hubby's strong arms. Sometimes we just need to be held and know that we are safe and can face whatever it is that the world throws at us as long as we are doing it as a family. Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!