Thursday, August 31, 2017

Memory Making

One afternoon we headed over to my parents' to spend the afternoon making grape jelly. Sure I could make it on my own but that's not what it's about.  
Megan made us laugh. We measured out sugar and then she was told to go throw the bag away. She made sure she there was not one grain of sugar thrown away.
It's during this time in the kitchen that Megan is learning valuable skills from her Grammi.
 
While working mom opens up and talks about her time in the kitchen with her mom. I love hearing stores about her childhood and what life was like growing up on a farm.  She talks about all of the canning that was done by my grandmother. In those moments I learn more about my grandmother, mom and how things were in years past. From the stories I can visualize my grandmother in the kitchen making things to feed her growing family. 
The grape jelly made is a bonus. What it's really about is the memories shared and the memories made. 

I'll be back next week. Chuck's Friday off happens to fall on a holiday weekend which means we will have four glorious days together. I plan to head out Friday morning for my monthly grocery haul and then I will be making memories with my family. Happy Labor Day! 

May your day be filled with joy in the journey!

8 comments:

  1. Yay, for homemade jelly and double yay for the memories!

    So important for our children to learn the "old ways" of homemaking, how to cook and care for others. It's something we are losing as a society, so sad!!

    Hope you and your family have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of Megan and the sugar bag. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend together. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed all your posts this week.
    Have a wonderful 4 days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. What memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agree!
    Enjoy your glorious long weekend! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you got to share that precious time with your mom. My mom has recently been sharing more and more about her childhood, something that she has been very hesitant to do in the past. Things were not always easy for her so she just shares the good times mostly, but every now and then I see a glimpse into some of the hard times too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing them share this moment! Your posts are something I always look forward too. I recently started a new blog. I'd love for you to visit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!