Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.

Dinosaur is an excellent student. He's working on his spelling and vocabulary; which he takes seriously.

Laundry is a never ending task. It makes for a happier home if you find joy in clean laundry.
Megan's new fascination is rocks. She calls them geological samples. Ha!
This hawk is beautiful but I wish he would find another area to stalk. It's sad not seeing the birds fluttering around the feeder and birdbath.
I continue to step outside each evening. I am soaking in the evenings while I can. It's always a sad day when it the weather turns and I can't step into the yard at night.


Summer is hanging on even with the signs of Fall showing up.
Sunday afternoons are for resting and relaxing. I love that my guy finds it relaxing to play legos with his girl.
Anyone else have a child that loves mud? We've had mud soup, cakes and even bowls and plates. I love, love, love that she isn't to old to play and use her imagination. I say let them be little as life flies by and before we know it she'll be adulting. Yikes!
Just because the simple, everyday things with this guy make my heart happy.
May your day be filled with joy in the journey!


5 comments:

  1. I love your pictures. Dinosaur seems to be a very good student. I agree with you. Let our children be children. Fall is rapidly approaching here as well. I love fall though I will miss the outside time when it becomes cold. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much joy found in you day, Wendi...
    Loved sharing it with you.
    Homeschooling is going well, I see! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Wendi ... such a blessing to find joy in the sweet and simple things. Homespun Hugs ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when they act their age and still want to play..our youngest still does. Please let it last for ever. If only!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!