Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.

Life has been keeping me busy. They will be a couple of weeks worth of pictures in this post.

The funeral procession for the police officer that was killed in the line of duty.  You might wonder how I can find joy in this.
 This is what I said on my FB page about it. "Walked to the main street and watched my community come together to honor fallen officer Lt. Allan. Seeing our community line the sidewalks made me proud to call this place home. Words can't describe what it was like to see a mile of police cars coming down the street. One of those things I pray is a once in a lifetime event."

A hard day but it was reassuring that in a world that seems uncaring and sometimes very evil there are still people who care. The officer and his family where people of faith and it was evident as all through this day. The end of watch radio call referenced John 15:13. 

Our Iowa family was in town over night. We ended up with some additional family over for a cookout the night they were in town. I took one picture the whole time. This Megan and her cousin Andrea. I guess you could say I was living in the moment. *smile*
 Chuck received free tickets to a baseball game from his employer.
 It was a beautiful evening and we really enjoyed it.


 There were some cooler days which meant I could make comfort food. Sadly the heat and humidity is back.

 Both Megan and I are thoroughly enjoying our adventure in homeschooling. So many things I could say about it but that will be a topic for another post.

The day awaits me so I need to run. Our riding lawn mower broke beyond repair so I need to go out and start pushing.  I hope to complete that task before the heat of day builds.

May your day be filled with joy in the journey!



5 comments:

  1. Woohoo I see an Indians fan? I live in Ohio.....love your post of kindness, coming together and love...yes this world needs more of it.....sure isn't like when we were growing up.....

    Hot here in Ohio as well, dog days of summer......

    Stay cool
    Blessings
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your community will be affected by the loss of the police officer forever, but it's amazing how something like this brings out so much good in people. What a great display of support and love! Looks like a fun time at the ball game and I am trying to be more 'in the moment' these days... meaning I miss photo opportunities, but I'm not stressed about the whole thing. Great! that you guys are enjoying schooling so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy your home school journey is kicking off just right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see the daisies are starting to color. Sounds like a nice week with much to be thankful for. However sad it is.. I love when I see a community come together for a fallen hero.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!