Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.

When you are an only child you sometimes have to improvise when you need a card partner. 
A yummy dinner. I'm sure the soup, chicken salad and chicken pot pie will be just a delicious. 
Megan made a birdhouse years ago. It has sat on the potting bench as decor until this year. A Chickadee mama and her three eggs have taken up residence.
We think the eggs might have hatched. Chuck will use his inspection camera to check it out soon. 

Trying out her birthday scooter. 
We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at a cafe boatyard. 
The food was great and view even better. 
This little guy landed on the front door and stuck around for quite a while. 
Yum... because cupcakes... who doesn't love a cupcake?
Me and my girl. 
Oh, how I love my flowers. They bring me a bunch of joy. 
May your day be filled with joy in the journey! 


9 comments:

  1. Ordinary days are my favorite, Wendi...
    And I enjoyed sharing yours with you!
    Loved the picture of you and your girl...
    And the cupcakes too!!!
    Have a cozy day, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful post. Sweet girl, love her card partner. I wounder if he cheats?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet and a special day for your girl! I think simple and the love of home and family is what keeps the world going...
    May you have a wonderful rest of your week!
    Blessings, Roxy
    P.S. I love cupcakes mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendi we share the same love of simple, home and family. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool is that about the birds making a nest in there. What a wonderful thing to behold! Oh that Megan...she is such a sweetheart! It looks like you all are having a lovely Summer. :) Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great looking week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a delightful day! It's the simple things that bring joy into our days. Beautiful picture of you and Megan. Flowers, baby birds and a little moth butterfly are just perfect. Now those cupcakes...why yes please! And pink frosting, even better!!

    Enjoy your weekend Wendi!

    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these posts! Makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!