Monday, July 10, 2017

Fire!

The past week has been fantastic with Chuck off of work. We had a great mix of accomplishments and fun. There are times that staycations are the best! One of the things on our list was to have an evening fire. Between rain and some hot nights we were finally able to have our fire Saturday night.
It was a wonderful night for it. The humidity was non existent and the temperatures were mild. It actually felt a little cool later in the evening. 

While Chuck got the fire going I watched Megan chase the first fireflies of the night. 
When the fire was nice and hot we roasted some hot dogs to pass the time of dark fell. 
A hot dog over an open fire is best way to eat them! 
We waited patiently for dark before the marshmallows were brought out. 
My favorite smores is to use chocolate chip cookies in place of the graham cracker. Yum!
It was a wonderful evening to sit back relax and enjoy the company of the ones I love!

May your day be filled with joy in the journey!

5 comments:

  1. Fun stuff! I have never tried chocolate cookie smores. Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that looks wonderful!
    So glad you had the chance to enjoy it.
    And Smores are a favorite around here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! I love how you live your life full of purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!