Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Celebrating the 4th!

Sadly we missed the parade this year. I couldn't get my act together and we decided it wasn't worth getting stressed out in order to make the start time. Instead I packed a picnic and we headed to the park. 
There was a beautiful trail for us to explore. 
It didn't last long as the mosquitoes were horrible!
The next item on our list was to spend time with family. Chuck took the long way to my parents. 
I don't think the corn is knee high by 4th of July! It's been strange weather wise and this field tells the tale. 
The afternoon was spent floating away while listening to a patriotic mix of music. Super relaxing!
It wouldn't be the 4th if you didn't grill out. After our dinner of hamburger and hot dogs it was time to do some fireworks. 
Pop its with some cousins are always fun.
Sparklers are a must!
The grand finale of day is the big booms in the sky. I love the ones that look like star dust floating to the ground. 
We had a great day celebrating this land that we love. Happy Independence Day!

May your day be filled with joy in the journey!

5 comments:

  1. Happy 4th, a day late!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I love the picnic idea. Looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the solo cup to hold the sparklers! Such a great idea. Thanks for visiting me. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a perfect day, Wendi!!!
    Have a cozy rest of the week. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun day! That pool looked so nice to cool off in. I could use that right about now. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!