Monday, July 31, 2017

A Day in My Life #13

I woke up a little after 7. My guy was awake and we snuggle until 7:30. Yeah for Saturday mornings! Once up I headed to the kitchen.  I started to brown some sausage, got biscuits ready to go in the oven and set the table. When the sausage was ready I hit the shower. I then put the biscuits into the oven and started making gravy. 

After breakfast Chuck loads the dishwasher.
Megan and I head out to start a load of laundry. 
Once laundry was in the works I went back in to help Chuck tidy the kitchen. 
A little after 9 beds were made and then I head outside to do some ironing. 
It was super peaceful. All I could hear was the rustle of the leaves, birds chirping and the wind chimes. 
I image my entire community needed this kind of morning after the last few days. On Thursday afternoon, less then a mile from my home, a police officer was shot and killed. It is really hard for us to wrap our heads around this. There was a traffic accident and when the officer tried to help the driver, who was in an overturned car, he fired on the officer. Although we are a suburb of a large city our area is quiet and these things just don't happen in my little area. My hearts breaks a little more each time I drive past the area. 
After ironing I switch laundry and start to weed. Oh my! All of my flowers beds are out of control. I hit this one first. 
Much, much better.
It is now almost 11. 
I sit on the back porch and fold laundry while I watch Megan polish rocks. 
I put the laundry away and move on to another area to start weeding.  Megan comes and says she is hungry. I make her something quick to eat as it's almost 12:30. 
Chuck has been working on his own project while I have been working in the flower beds. He steps over and says he needs to make a trip out to the hardware store. The post he was intending to sand and repaint is rotten at the bottom and needs to be replaced. While Megan finishes lunch we get a few things ready to take with us. 
Our first stop is to recycle. We drop off the plastic and glass items. Then it's off to a local church to drop off our paper recycle. 
Chuck offers to buy me a sandwich.  My, what a big sandwich it is! I actually had two and they were plenty. 
A quick trip into the hardware store and then we are back home by 1:30. I continue to weed and my little helper is by my side. 
Chuck realizes he needs another tool. He and Megan hop in the truck and head to my parents to borrow it. They come back with garden fresh goodies! 
I continue to work in my flower beds and finish at almost 5 o'clock. I then take over a task Chuck was working on so he can work on his project. 
We are trying to not buy a new bracket but in the end we have to. I couldn't get all of the black paint off around the wording.  It's now 6 and I head in to start dinner while Megan and Chuck go back to the hardware store to buy a new bracket. 

I made the sides and when Chuck returns he grills the chicken. It's almost 7 when we sit down for dinner. This is a very late meal for us. 
After dinner we complete Chuck's project. Instead of purchasing another wooden post he decided to use plastic. He said it could be painted black, like the previous post, but I opted to leave it white. I worried about how the paint would hold up. We need a cap for the post but the store we were at didn't have a plastic one available. That will be an easy add on later. 
I love to have Old Glory flying once again!

Once this is done it's a little after 8. We all head in and get in our pajamas. We watch a little TV and then I go in to unload the dishwasher. 
I then set the table and pull out the waffle maker, mixing bowl and waffle mix. Sunday mornings run much smoother with a little planning. 
It's now 9:30 and I am the only one still up. Not for long though! I think we are all looking forward to a day of rest.

May your day be filled with joy in the journey!

7 comments:

  1. A busy day. I'm sure all of you were tired by the end of it. I love how you all work together to get things done. I think thats important. God bless. www.merryheartcrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart hurts for that officer's family. It makes me want to hold my loved ones a wee bit tighter because tomorrow isn't promised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How horrific that a police officer who was trying to help was murdered. So sad. Will be remembering the family of this officer in prayer.

    Your day seemed lovely, start to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely family day, Wendi...
    Prayers for the officer's family.
    I really enjoy these posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry about the officer. And I wish I could squat like your daughter!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another wonderful day, Prayer for the officer's family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely day. My heart and prayers go out to the policeman's family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!