Thursday, June 15, 2017

Thrifty Thursday #4

Lined dried most of the laundry to save on turning on the dryer.
Happily accepted some free grocery coupons.
Rain!
You might wonder how rain is thrifty. Well. I use the rain water to water my flowers thus saving money since I don't have to pay for the water.

Purchased a new stove. 
Not something we wanted to do. After a couple of repairs our 16 year old stove finally died. We'll save money now that we won't need to eat our meals out and over time it will pay for itself. 

Temperatures in the 90's called for the doors to remain closed. I hate it as I am a sun loving, natural light girl. 
You do what you must to keep the air conditioner from running additional cycles. 

Shopped the clearance rack for Megan. 
Using a percentage off coupon plus some store reward money I was able to purchase two skirts for $2.78.

So there you go. I hope this encourages you to do things to save money. The old adage that every penny counts seems to apply more and more these days. I find it's much harder to stretch my pennies into nickles. *smile*  I find it encouraging to hear about other frugal adventures.

May your day be filled with joy in the journey!


4 comments:

  1. Good job Wendi!
    My husband is selling a few of my discards and is doing good on EBay for our thriftiest doing. I started him another box of things to sell when I cleaned my craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The clothes all drying out on the line in the breeze is so summer-y, and cheerful looking.

    I have to keep the living room picture window curtains closed after 1 pm in the afternoon, so I know what you mean about missing the cheerful light.

    Your stove looks very nice. I had a span of time in the spring where my oven knob wouldn't turn on my old stove. I guess that is to be expected with a stove made in 1958! I shopped online thinking I was going to have to get a new stove, but couldn't find one wide enough to fit the space for it without spending a huge amount and having 5 burners. I never cook on more than two burners,and I need that middle space where the 5th burner is to set stuff down on. Anyway, I talked it over with my husband and we decided to see if there was anyone who worked on old stoves like mine. I found someone, but repairman warned me that they don't make parts for that stove anymore. I had him come out anyway, gambling the money that the house call was going to cost. Well my gamble paid off, but imagine my embarrassment when the reason the knob wouldn't turn was because there was some hidden grimey gunk on the stem thingy that the knob is attached to. The repairman fixed it in about 5 minutes and ended up charging us $25 less than the normal house call. I was so thankful to be able to keep my old stove that I have been cooking on for about 39 years.

    It did turn out that a few days ago our 20 plus year old refrigerator quit and the new one was delivered two days ago. I didn't get a stainless steel finish because that just doesn't fit in in my little old kitchen, but I was very pleased with the shiny white door finish this new one has. The old one had a weird white textured finish and wasn't easy to wipe clean.

    Our rain has been happening mostly in the evenings. Good sleeping and automatic plant and flower watering--Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still using the clothes line, we set the temp at 79, I will open windows on cool evening and early mornings. A half of day without running the AC. I love Megan skirts what store did you find them at. We wear skirts all the time and always looking for some. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome deal on those skirts. Good thrifting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!