Tuesday, June 06, 2017

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.
This my view many afternoons. I read and enjoy the sunny, beautiful day while Megan swims. 
I love the smell and look of a freshly mowed lawn. 
Making yummy food for a pitch-in.
Celebrating the 89th birthday of Chuck's grandma. She is sitting in the center surrounded by her siblings. 
A family member posted this on FB about the day.

"The house at xxxx.xxxxxx ave ... was not just a house Sat., June the 3rd, but a place that my family came together to share stories, laugh and watch children play. We celebrated our aunt, our uncles and my mothers birthday that day, but most of all we celebrated Family and the house and yard was filled with love for all to share"

I couldn't have said it better. I am blessed to have married into such a loving, kind family.

Doesn't everyone hang out upside down while waiting in car taking pictures? Silly girl!
 Garden planting... take 2.
 Critters destroyed almost all of the first garden.
Generally it's fine until the green beans start coming up. Not this year. I saw entire tomato plants, cucumber and pepper plants disappear. The fence was put up before it was planting and lets home take 2 is much more successful,
 Spending a evening on the back porch shelling peas. Super relaxing!

May your day be filled with joy in the journey!


4 comments:

  1. Love all your photos, and you're right, there's nothing like finding joy in the ordinary.

    Looks like you married into a wonderful family, I'm lucky to have done the same :)

    Hope you have much better luck with your garden this time around. I need to start a veggie garden myself but haven't gotten around to it yet, hopefully soon.

    Have a great week Wendi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good family gathering full of love and joy. I hope your garden turns out well. I also love fresh cut lawn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your real homey life! Come and plant my garden, Ill pay for your gas LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about losing your first plant to critters! Looks like you have a better plan going forward though! Love those lazy summer days, I've yet to have one yet though, lol! Busy days still :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!