Monday, June 19, 2017

A Day in My Life #11

Monday, June 12th

Summer means no alarm clock.  This morning I was up at 7:30.  I started the day in the Word. 
I then got on the computer to check e-mail and surf some blogs. 
I spend about forty-five minutes doing this. Megan wakes up while I am on the computer and I send her to get dressed while I shower. After my shower I sort laundry and get a load started.  
We eat a simple breakfast of cereal.
I then set Megan up with her task for the day. She loves to putter in the garage and Daddy said she needed to clean her stuff off of the workbench and put her little storage cart away. (Which is an old microwave cart.)
I left Megan to complete her task and headed out the cut grass about 9:15.
I finish close to 10:45 and hang out a load of laundry and start another. 
I take care of e-mailing a company about a defective handbag I recently purchased and chat with mom for a few. 

 I hang out the second load of laundry on the line and start the third and final load. Megan and I head out to get some lunch and then go shopping for some additional shorts for Megan. 
I am home at 2:30. I watch thirty minutes of TV and then tackle the laundry. I start by folding the items I had to dry since I ran out of room on the clothesline.  
I then head out to take things off the line. 
It is super hot outside! This is in the shade....
and this in the sun. Wow! Sure glad I cut grass early so my guy won't have to do it in the heat. 
Once inside Megan and I put the laundry away and then she sits down at the table to create. 
It's about 4 and I clean my new stove top with a special cleaner they provided to use before use. 
I then sit down and drink a big glass of ice water before I start dinner. I fire up the grill at 4:45 and throw on some burgers. Since it's so hot I decide to have no cook sides.

Chuck comes home a little before five and once he changes he finishes up the grilling.  We sit down to eat about 5:10.  
We all pitched in to tidy the kitchen. 
It's spic and span by 6.
We head to the garage. Chuck helps Megan on a project and I folded the load of whites. 
Megan and my dad have a thing where they will call each other and say "ice cream, ice cream" which results in a trip to the ice cream shop. My dad called tonight and my parents came over to pick us up. Tonight she shared a banana split with my parents. 
We were home about 7:30 and needed to water. 
I took care of the flowers while Chuck turned on the sprinkler for the garden. 
We came inside at 8 and had devotions and then watched some TV. Megan went to her room at 8:30 and Chuck went out to turn off the sprinkler. Once inside we settle in to watch some recordings of the show Ransom. It was lights out for Megan at 9 and Chuck and I headed for bed after the 10 o'clock news.

May your day be filled with joy in the journey!


8 comments:

  1. I enjoy peeking into the life of others....great post! Your kitchen is really pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed reading about your day...what a wonderful life you have. God Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this post! It makes me want to one similar! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your day with us. I think the relationship your dad and Megan share is so special. I just love that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you and Megan had a perfect summer day. It's so nice that you are taking pictures of these everyday activities that Megan is doing (like organizing her garage tool cart).You and she will have fun years from now looking at pics of what summer was like when she was a young girl. I wish I would have taken more pictures of everyday life with my kids when they were Megan's age.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet photo of Megan and her grandpa. The love shines through!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely summer days! I too like using the grill in the summer to cook on, to save heating up the house. And who isn't always ready for some ice cream :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like the perfect day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!