Tuesday, April 18, 2017

The Tuesday Tackle #8

We have been experiencing some nice weather. I don't know about you but that calls me to be outside.  This planter is in our backyard. Not far from the back porch.    
As you can tell it had seen better days! It should have been take care of a long time ago but never made it to the top of list. It was one of those things that when there was room in the budget there wasn't time and when there was time there wasn't room in the budget. 

We knew that this would be a top project this year and had put monies aside for it. Landscape timbers were on sale and that pushed this to the top of the list. Chuck spent an evening pulling out the old timbers. 
Once the rebuilding started it was a family affair!
I love how patient Chuck is with letting Megan get right in the mix and letting her help. :)
There were a couple of stubborn nails that would not go in and keep bending. Megan cut them flush and no one will ever know we had an issue. 
Here it is!
Awww... so much better! When there are several dry days in the forecast I will stain it the same color as our fence and in about a month we will be past the frost day and I will plant. I can't wait to see this area in bloom!

This metal stake was also in that flower bed. The sun had really faded the colors so I gave it a make over. 
Some leftover spray paint, a little craft paint and it is good as new with no money spent. 
Megan keeps telling me how much she likes it and what a good job I did. That makes my heart happy!

When I get the finishing touches on this little area I will be sure to share a picture with you. In the mean time I need to hustle this morning. My dishwasher broke and I have a stack of dishes on the counter waiting to be dried and put away. 

What projects have you tackled in the last week? Tune in next Tuesday to see what homemaking debt I tackle. 

May your day be filled with joy in the journey! 

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Megan's right, you did a great job on the flower stake. I love the way everything you do is a family affair! I'm sorry your dishwasher broke. My A/C is out. It seems like everything here is going out all at once, which will mean some things have to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love family projects, we took down the playhouse and burn all the wood. I mowed some of our field to extend our yard. Doodle painted the hen house white. A few more touches and it will be finish. I love your metal flowers,yes Megan I agree with you mommy did an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so nice, Wendi! Family projects are the best! Megan sure dies love to build, doesn't she?! I think that is really cool.
    Those metal flowers turned out amazing! I think I should do that to mine, they are sure faded!

    Enjoy the rest of your week, my friend!

    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These phones...that should of typed Megan sure *does not dies. Oiy! ;)

      Delete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!