Friday, April 21, 2017

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.

I feel like this will be the on the go version. It has been busy around here! I am finding joy even in this season of busy.

We gathered with 7 of the 11 families from our adoption group. There were a total of 33 families that traveled with us and then we ended up splitting up and each group went to their region. Hard to believe it has been 10 years!
We (and when I say we I mean Chuck!) helped my parents dig a french drain. 
I did some baking for a school fundraiser. 
Megan had her spring concert this week. I may have teared up toward the end knowing this would be the last program for her. 
There was a nice afternoon rain. I never tire of sitting on the back porch smelling fresh rain. 
My dad has a tradition of sitting on the front porch with a pocket knife and an apple. The kids, big and small, love when he does this. I don't think the squirrel minds when he does this either. 
As part of a fundraiser Megan was able to ride in the Chicken Limo to have lunch at Chick-fil-A. They are treated like royalty when they do this. 
Chuck has to work on Saturday. :) Megan and I plan to spend the day working on her science fair poster and I hope to get some organizing done. Have a great weekend! 

May your day be filled with joy in the journey! 

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful life you live. Where does the time go? It was 7 years ago in March when we got Lay -lay and it will be 13 years ago this fall when we got Doddle. Do you still have a heart to adopt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will always have a heart for adoption. I do know that the door is closed for us and I have come to terms with that. God answered my pray to be a Mama and I am content with His answer of only one child.

      Delete
    2. Isn't God good! Same for us we will always have the heart to adopt. We feel the door is closed for us. We are so thankful for our girls and honor He chose us.

      Delete
  2. Lovely, happy post Wendi!
    Loved it all...but Chick-fil-A?
    The best!
    Have a cozy weekend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! I really like what you made for the fundraising! It has been 14 years and 5 months since we adopted! Enjoyed this post! Ginger

    Ps... I deleted my blog, Pinterest, ect... I know shocking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa! Good for you! I don't browse Pinterest like I use to. I only go if I have something specific to look for. It can suck up tons of time if I am not careful.

      Delete
  4. You surely have been busy! What a great way to get together with the families who have adopted! Poor Chuck, that looked like a lot of work! I dug four holes to plant roses this weekend, and I was tuckered, lol! Hope you had a nice relaxing weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOOOOH You know the picture of the 10 year reunion got me!!!! How well I remember your trip!!! Our ten year was Feb 25. We didn't get to meet up with any of our group. :( Sooooooo glad y'all got to !!!!!!!!

    We have been given such gifts from God, haven't we? Our dear, dear girls. What a treasure.

    His,
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  6. It all sounds so wonderful, Wendi!
    Adoption is a pretty amazing thing. My best friend adopted her last little boy and he just belongs, personality and all!
    Oh man..digging a hole..Hard work! Yay for Chuck (and Megan)
    Yum...What'd you bake? It looks tasty!

    My dad use to sit on the deck and do the same thing with an apple. Sweet memories! :)

    Yay Megan..Chick-Fil-A Queen! ;)

    Enjoy your week Wendi!

    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. How special to have a reunion for your adoption group. :) One of my cousins was adopted from South Korea and my sister came into our family through unofficial foster care and my parents later did a "statement of parenthood" for her so that she would always legally be a part of our family too. :) I would have loved to adopt to add to our family but as my husband pointed out to me on many occasions, children that needed our love just seemed to find their way to our home and we became their adopted thought love parents and they, our kids.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!