Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Taco Tuesday Tortillas

Recently Terri shared about making tortillas. Making these has been on my mental list of things to do for a very long time. Since my friend, Brianna, talked about making them on FB several years ago. What can I say except it sometimes takes me a while to get my act together. *smile*

Having Terri post about the ease and the taste, along with a tasty looking picture, is all I needed to finally push these to the top of the list.

First you mix the dry ingredients together. 3 cups all purpose flour, 1 t baking powder, 1 t salt. 
 Then you add 1/3 cup oil and 1 cup water. Mix until ball forms (scraping sides often). Once ball is formed mixed an additional minute. 
 Turn out onto lightly floured surface (light is the key as I had too much flour). *smile* Then divide into 16 equal pieces. I used my handy dandy scale but you can certainly eyeball this. 
 Roll into balls and flatten slightly. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes. 
Roll out to make a 6 to 7 inch circle. This dough was easy to roll out. I worried as I have issues getting noodle dough to roll thin enough. Cook over medium heat about 30 seconds on each side. You may need to adjust your heat after the first one. 
Fresh tortilla shells ready for taco Tuesday. Yum!

May your day be filled with joy in the journey! 

11 comments:

  1. Good for you! I've known Terri by cyber for a dozen or more years and she won't steer you wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did they taste? I made homemade tortillas back in the day. They were good but not sure worth the time it took for me to make them! Still, I love learning to make things most people buy at the store. Even if I don't always make them homemade, it's nice to have the skills if I need to! Good job learning something new!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to try new things and especially if it is food! I find that homemade tortillas taste much better than store purchased. We even splurged and bought a tortilla press.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought they tasted awesome. We usually buy tortillas from the store and I've tried all sorts and all brands. Wendi I hope your family enjoyed them. I've been asked to make more and make them often, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've made homemade tortillas in the past, but it's been a while! Thanks for the handy reminder, they really are quite easy to make - loved your scale idea. There really is nothing like homemade! Enjoy your Taco Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Homemade tortillas are the best! This is one thing I make often and they are definitely perfect for Taco Tuesday! ;)

    Hope your week is a delightful one!

    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to make my own tortillas, maybe once school gets out I will find the time to make them again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We just finished up our tacos a few minutes ago. They were so good. I've never made my own tortillas but want to. Now I will have to try from your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the recipe. I have always wanted to make my own but thought it might be too complicated. These look like fun. I told my daughter we have a new recipe to try. She is excited! Looks like tacos will be on next week's menu. Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUUUUMMMM!!! Nothing beats homemade tortillas!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!