Friday, March 17, 2017

I'm Back

First off I do want to apologize that my blog had taken on a negative feel. That is not what I want for this space nor for my life.  Many of you have sent me encouraging comments and e-mail. I wasn't able to get back with many of you, but I do want you know that I read them all and it was extremely helpful to have your support. A break was just what the doctor ordered. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time away.

I will let you in on a secret... I didn't give blogs up completely. No, just couldn't do it. I have been taking a peek here and there in the evenings. Besides peeking at some blogs I spent some time giving the blog a fresh look.

I also cleaned up my blog roll. I removed blogs that weren't enhancing the joy in the journey. It was hard as some of them had been on my blog roll since the beginning. As many of you know, for some, blogging has changed and become more about business and making money then sharing. Now I am not saying having an ad to generate a little money or a review here and there isn't okay. I think you all have run across the little blog with humble beginnings that changes to the point that you can no longer recognize what first drew you there.

As for my Facebook account. I wasn't one to post often but I couldn't stop looking at it. I didn't realize what an addiction it had become. Whenever I went to peek at blogs or do banking I always pulled up Facebook. Sure I enjoy seeing pictures of my friends lives and their kids. I also liked to keep up with my far away cousins. The bad thing is that it's so much more then that. It has become a place to post negative memes and non face to face contact allows many to behave in an unkind manner. Guess what I did?  I logged off and haven't been back on. It was hard at first, but now it's sooo freeing.

I spent the first week of my break puttering around my home. I did a general tidy to establish good homemaking habits again. I am working on a new schedule to keep my home clean and tidy. We enjoy living in our home so I know it will never be picture perfect. At least not for long!

I have been reading, resting and decompressing. Many times the verse "Be still" has floated though my mind.

The curriculum for the next school year arrived. It was like Christmas morning opening those boxes! Things were sorted and moved so there would be a new area to keep our homeschool items. I am having a hard time keeping Megan out of it all!
The second week was spent painting, cleaning and helping my niece and her husband move into their new home.
I snuck over the day they were closing and left a planter and sign on their front porch.

Megan has two weeks off of school for Spring Break. I can't wait to pick her up and start our break and to sleep in. Did I mention sleep in? I am not a natural morning person.

I am thankful I listened when my mind, heart and body was screaming that I needed to retreat, regroup and rest.  Life will always have a trial of some sort and it has been good to take a deep breath and give thanks for how faithful God has been to us. I am feeling refreshed and ready to tackle whatever comes my way. I'm glad to be back and certainly thankful for all of your support. :)

May your day be filled with joy in the journey!





15 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are refreshed. I often do the same breaks. I logged off FB in November and never been back. It has been awesome. I ended up deactivating it all together. No regrets. I also totally know what you mean as fat as blogs. So many have changed over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendi I read your blogs always...never commented but figured it is time to chime in ๐Ÿ˜Š We missed you but lord knows a break from technology is needed.. I fb just for my home job.. crafting.. but I refuse to connect with friends or family if you can't call come...visit or send me a nite through the mail then I'm not that important fb is a lot of drama and my life has no time for it...good for you.. I'm excited for you to start homeschooling how much fun this journey will be for you all...

    Have a blessed day

    Glad you're back and refreshed....your blog looks great

    Blessings
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your back! I don't think your blog had gotten negative- just real. I have deactivated FB- too much drama and stopped some blogs too. Some were getting too political and some I had to x out of/ go to other pages to read content- just too much! Would love to hear about your new homemaking routine- I am trying too do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new look and I enjoy decorating my blog for the season. You will not miss Facebook! I have been off of it for a year now. So much more time to focus on family, home, God, and crafting.

    Listen to me.. You are far from negative. Your post have a goodness and you love your family! We all go through spells when we vent or need encouragement. So you keep on do what you are! Love and Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendi,
    Hello, and happy to see you here.
    I agree with the fact that Blogging is changing...
    So many of the ones I began with are now on Instagram, or are way too businesslike. I appreciate each person's right to make her blog about what she chooses, but I prefer to visit places of calm, comfort, and homemaking coziness. A place like yours. : )
    Have a cozy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back Wendi ❤
    I never thought you sounded negative, you were just posting what was happening with your family. Someday, I expect you'll look back at these posts and remember it was hard and you got through it.
    I have been mostly offline this week. We took a short trip and have been working on projects around our home. There may just be 2 of us actually living here, but things sure get out of whack. It feels good to get them back to rights,

    Enjoy your 2 week spring break and sleep in all you can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back, I have missed you. I deleted my FB 8 yrs ago, so glad I did. Your post are very inspiring to me..looking forward to them soon. I love your new look!!

      Delete
  8. I'm glad that you are back. Sometimes we all have to just take time from things to step back and take a deep breath. It's wonderful that Megan is already so excited about her new homeschooling supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy that you felt coming back to your blog was right for you! I get so much inspiration from reading your blog. I am feeling overwhelmed these days and need to take a step back to regroup. I am dealing with the aftereffects of an out of town car accident last week. We were rear-ended and we are fine, but there are car repairs to see to. Plus another insurance issue is a damaged roof from storms a couple of weeks ago. I find all of this very stressful and need some quiet time! Reading your blog centers me and helps me realize what is most important and that this, too, shall pass. Welcome back! Hoping for a Tuesday Tackle or Frugal Friday soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We all get to feeling a little bit down from time to time. Don't be too hard on yourself. :) I haven't had a FB account for several years. I found that it seemed to have a negative affect on my spirit and wasn't productive for me. I'm glad that you are still blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad to see you back! I personally enjoy your blog posts. And I agree, blogs have changed. Facebook is like a lost black hole...I haven't been on facebook in over two years and it is so freeing! We tend to get swept up in the drama of it all. It's not a good place to be.
    I love that you got your house in order and your homeschooling nook looks amazing! How exciting that Megan is excited! I can't wait to hear of her new adventures!
    I have been praying for you each day and I'm so glad to hear you are refreshed and ready for what's next.

    I love your header of your blog!
    Simply living for faith, family and home. Amen!

    Have a delightful weekend, Wendi!
    Hugs & Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy to see you back and glad the time away was restful for you. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    blessings
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to see you back! Life happens and it is ok to be honest about the struggles. I have been praying for you.

    I read my blogs through Bloglovin' and recently went through and unfollowed blogs I really wasn't enjoying anymore. I enjoy reading he smaller simple homemaking blogs the best. My feed was clogged with deal type posts that I really didn't enjoy and we're trying to not buy things we don't need! That was coming from one money-saving blog I followed. One! Fortunately, this particular blog offers a LITE feed so I can just get the non-deal posts. This has been a great change!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to see you are back from your blogging break, as I always enjoy your posts! Your posts have never been negative, just real! Life is tough sometimes! And I always appreciate your heart and love for your home and family, and making the best of whatever life hands you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!