Saturday, March 04, 2017

Chit Chat & Break Time

Well, hello, I hope this finds you well. It is a beautiful Saturday here. Although chilly the sun is shinning. Chuck is working, Megan is with my parents going to my sisters' house and I am watching Love's Abiding Joy. A slight break before I tackle the kitchen.

I peeked at the garden one day this week and am delighted to see things sprouting. The picture is spinach. This will be the first time I have ever grown it. Megan is excited as she likes to take the leaves and wrap things up inside like mini burittos. :) 
Our septic issue is finally resolved. This machine injected air into the lines and blew out all of yuck which was then sucked out of the lines. We came in under our $5000 budget and were told they would see us in two years. At that time they will pump the tank and make sure things are working properly.  We are certainly praising the outcome! 
This is the current state of the van. Yikes! Chuck rolled the window down and when he tried to roll it back up it made a terrible sound. It will no longer roll up. 
A new part has been ordered and I am praying that Chuck will be able to repair it before Monday morning. 

Megan is such a big help. Chuck cut some branches off of a dead tree. (The one that sent him to the ER with an eye abrasion.) Megan helped him load it into the truck for a guy at work. 
 Chuck is working a ton. He is leaving the house between 5-5:30 each morning and not returning until 5 or later. He has been pulling some Saturdays also.  Long days, stress from work and then you add on things such as the van window and my guy is feeling the weight of the world on his shoulders.
 When life is super busy or I feel stress I tend to become overwhelmed and I know it's time for me to back off and slow things down. 
School is something that has been causing me to feel overwhelmed. We aren't involved in the drama directly that caused two of the sixth grade girls to abruptly withdraw. It has effected Megan because she was close to them. She misses them terribly.  She climbed in bed with me the other night and asked if I would withdraw her from school. Sigh. 

Between reading for a book report, memorizing for the speech meet, working on the science fair and the normal homework plus the drama aspect it is about to do me in. I feel like we have very little time for family. It is work, work, work for school. I know school is important but don't feel it should take so much of our evenings and weekends.  We are all ready for this school year to end and new chapter to begin. 

I woke up this morning to a messy house, the knowledge that we had take out or dined out three times last week and knew that I needed to make some changes. I feel like things are out of focus. 
 First of all I need to guide Megan to handle the unpleasant things at school and to meet her deadlines. I also need to focus on my home. As a homemaker we shouldn't be eating dinner out three times a week.  Chuck deserves to come home to a tidy home and dinner on the table, especially since work is stressful for him. 

Step one is a break from blogging and other social media. I will miss my little spot on the web, but I know that those in my little home are my top priority. It could be one week, 
 two, or maybe longer.  Honestly as long as it takes to feel like things are back in focus and there is joy in the journey!  



10 comments:

  1. Sweet Wendi, bless your heart! Take as long break as you need. Family first!!

    (Hugs) Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendi,
    I know where you are..you need time to focus on what is your most important.

    Even tho I am old enough to be your mother, and am semi-retired..I need breaks too!

    I look forward to your posts, but please take the break you need..AND
    enjoy the garden, baking, cooking, reading, pondering, the weather and Spring!
    Take care......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Family should always come first! Enjoy your time away!

    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homemakers are entitled to have a break too. I am sure your husband understands the house cleaning and homecooked meals sometimes take a back seat to other more pressing issues :).

    Hope things look up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very full week, Our weekend has been fill with Urgent Care and Er. Andrew has caught the Influence Strain B so no school next week. However, Just like Chuck feels the weight, we have much to still be grateful for. By the Way... Those cookies look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear about the rough times you've been navigating lately. I hope everything will calm down for you and be smooth sailing again soon.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to hear about the rough times you've been navigating lately. I hope everything will calm down for you and be smooth sailing again soon.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can relate to the school situation so much. I have my youngest in 5th grade and my oldest in 10th and the homework is out of hand. I am beginning to wonder if they teach anything in school at all as I have not seen it. My girls are overwhelmed all the time and it does get old with the constant work and little time as a family. Then the nicer days are bringing more work outside, I can relate so well. Don't be too hard on yourself we all go through this and it's good we have each other in the blog land to lean on especially as homemakers. Hoping things get better and you have a great week.

    Many blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Taking a break is always a good thing, if you are feeling stressed. Focus on your priorities and you will feel better. Have you tried making meals where you cook once and eat 2-3 times? I will make a large pot of spaghetti sauce, and have spaghetti for dinner one night, shepherd's pie the next night, and lasagna the next (or it can be frozen to use as desired). This helps me in busy weeks when I know I won't have much time to cook, and can make a new meal from leftovers. I feel your pain, it is hard to juggle stress and keep up with everything, especially since Chuck has been working so much. Praying for you dear friend, enjoy your break, and will be here when you get back :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet Wendi, I agree with everyone else, I hope you find your break away from blogging rejuvenating, and of course we will all still be here for you when you return! I do so understand how it feels to have one big worry (the septic issue) removed only for another one (the window/school issues) to replace it! I am greatly relieved that your prayers (and mine!) were heard though, and you know that they will be again, but in the meantime of course, you still have your burdens to carry!

    Try not to feel too guilty about the eating out - I feel sometimes it isn't just about the time/effort saved but the fact that when your mind is occupied with so very many other concerns, you just want to have that nice cosy sense of being nurtured with food by someone else once in a while - as a wife and mama that doesn't happen so often to us, does it! Once again I am right with you on this one - in our current situation (with me being quite disabled and my hubs like your dear one working very long hours) it is far, far too easy to opt for fish and chips or the "golden arches" and that is with the children both flown the nest now! And with me still trying my best with weekly menu planning, which makes me feel even more disheartened every time hubby brings home a take away instead! I think perhaps we have to come to accept that in this season of life, sometimes this really is the lesser evil as it means we get to spend a bit more relaxation time together as a family at a time when life is handing us more than our share of lemons and we need that time away from all the pressures, to regroup and recharge for just a little while. I am guessing that is why people have vacations (we have not had one now for over a decade so it is hard to remember!). But it will get better and I promise, there will be a time probably sooner than you think when all three of you will look back and remember this season of your lives and feel proud of the way you worked so hard to support each other, and thankful for God's grace and blessings as you walked your journey together sharing the harder times as well as the joy!

    You are so sweet and honest and positive - you keep it real and never sugar-coat, without ever sounding self-pitying or complaining. You are truly an inspiration and a blessing to so many, without realising just how very much, I think! I do hope your time away from the blog is as restful and productive as it can possibly be, and I will keep you all in my prayers in the meantime. Love, Rubekah xx.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!