Monday, March 27, 2017

A Day in My Life #10

Thursday, March 23rd

Chuck's alarm went off at 4:30 this morning. Generally I sleep right through it. This morning I was wide awake. I tried to go back to sleep and ended up resting until 5:30. I hopped onto the computer to take care of some things. I entered receipts into Quicken. Update our everydollar budget, check out blogs and file. It seemed like I was doing this forever. 
I headed to the kitchen a little before 7 and whipped up some muffins. 
While they were baking I started to empty the dishwasher. 
I was distracted by the sunrise. I wasn't out long as it was only 30*.  Brrr
I finished putting the dishes away and checked the menu. I pulled some chicken out of the freezer and by this time the muffins were done. 
It is now getting close to 8. I wake Megan up and then hit the shower. After I shower we sit down to eat and for some scripture reading. 
When breakfast is finished Megan goes to take a shower. I fold and put away the laundry left from the day before. 
A load of towels is thrown into the washer and housework is started. Megan is sent to make her bed and tidy her room. I make my bed and then do a quick tidy of the house. Once that is done it is time to clean the bathroom.
When that is complete I vacuum the house and then we take a break until lunch. 
Lunch is served about 11:45. Leftover pizza and peas. 
After lunch we sit down to play some games. Trouble and multiple hands of Go Fish. 
I fold towels and Megan says Feet Feet is open. She will sometimes give me a "pedicure" which consist of rubbing lotion on my feet and sometimes she will paint my nails. A girl would be crazy to say no to a little pampering!
I watch TV and get on the computer for a few. Megan heads to her room to play. By 3 it has warmed up and we headed out for a walk/bike ride. 
When we return I plant some pansies. 
When that is finished I go in to marinade the chicken. 
When I am finished I bring a book out to read while Megan plays. 

It is still a little cool when you aren't moving. I walk to the garden and take a peek under the frost cover. 
It is now almost 4:30. Megan hasn't had a snack and asked to make something. She makes a fruit kabob. 
Megan watches a cartoon and I continue to read until it is time to start dinner. I get dinner going about 5:30. Chuck is suppose to be home at 6, but is running a little late.

Chuck is home about 6:20 and we sit down for dinner.  He is on mandatory overtime and has been going in at 5:30 and trying to be home for dinner at 6. 
 Dinner is cleaned up by 7. We watch Wheel of Fortune and then play on the Wii. 
At 8 we have devotions and Megan goes to her room to settle down. At 9 it is lights out for Megan and we are right behind her. 

May your day be filled with joy in the journey! 

9 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely day
    Megan is a very sweet girl, and the mask she is wearing while she pedicures is hysterical 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan is so precious!! And yes! To feet feet!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What special times with your girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our mornings are very similar! Have you read Waves of Mercy
    By Lynn Austin? Very very good christian fiction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I loved it! The right amount of sadness and joy. I cried one minute saying No! No! No! and rejoiced the next that it turned out for the best. A great story! I hope there is a sequel. It seemed she left it open to follow Anna back to Chicago. I hope anyway!

      Delete
  5. Megan will always cherish those times with you...what a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing this beautiful day, Wendi.
    It is comforting to me to think that somewhere out there are other women living and loving their vocation of motherhood just as I am. : )
    Have a cozy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I ever wanted was to be a wife and mother. There were times when I thought I might never be a mother. A vocation I treasure more then I can express!

      Delete
  7. Hello friend!
    Sounds like a wonderful day. Megan just cracks me up with that mask. Any time we can get pampered a bit is a win!
    I agree with Billie Jo, our vocation rocks and wouldn't change any of it! I love my job!

    We are getting rain!!! Yay! As I type, the rain is hitting my roof. Love it!

    Have a delightful week Wendi!

    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!