Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Valentine's Day

We celebrated Valentine's Day in our normal fashion... simple. I set the table the night before.
The day began with heart shaped pancakes. Courtesy of Chuck who went into work a little bit late. 
I usually make sugar cookie cut outs. I was feeling a little lazy and didn't want to take the time to roll out the cookie dough. Instead I made heart shaped brownies. 
I made our traditional dinner of lasagna. I always think about our dear neighbor, Celia when I am making this. After her husband passed away I always made her a small dish of lasagna and sent over cookies. We certainly miss her!
Before bed we played a game of Conversation Heart bingo
We show love in our home every day, but it is nice to pause and think about it and put a little effort into showing our love. 

May your day be filled with joy in the journey!  

7 comments:

  1. Conversation Heart Bingo is a great idea - how fun! What a lovely Valentine's Day - thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely way to celebrate Valentine's Day! I dropped the ball this year---our schedule has been so busy lately I did nothing! We did go out for dinner on Monday night, an early celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you celebrated Valentine's Day!
    Your brownies look amazing...
    We celebrated much the same. : )
    Have a cozy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful day and great example you set for Megan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post...what a special day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it. Your brownies look amazing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!