Tuesday, February 21, 2017

The Tuesday Tackle #5

Several years ago Chuck build this recycle center. The only thing I disliked about it was the boxes were cardboard and well they are just not pretty. After using them for a bit it was inevitable that yuck ended up in the bottoms. Since they were cardboard there was no way to clean them out. 
This had been on my need to do list for a long time. I changed out the cardboard boxes for plastic tubs. I labeled them so there will no mistake about what goes where. 
The great thing is that I can wash them out as needed. This is one of those projects that didn't take much time and made me wonder why I put it off for so long. 

Another project I have been working on is deep cleaning the bath. 
I removed all of the decor and washed it. While it was drying the walls were washed down and everything cleaned. I still need to tackle the floor. Once I was finished with the other task I gave it a good sweep and called it good. I plan to give it a good hand scrub. I also need to do a little painting. Washing didn't whiten the baseboard enough so I will add a fresh coat of paint. I hope to have it finished by the weekend. 

What projects have you tackled in the last week? Tune in next Tuesday to see what homemaking debt I tackle. 

May your day be filled with joy in the journey! 

12 comments:

  1. Love your recycle center! I'm still working on the office - it's taking me forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I organized my bathroom drawer and thought of you 😄

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been been working on our spare bedroom and catching up on some UFO'S (Unfinished Projects)As for now, enjoying my tea and reading my favorite blogs! Oh going to show hubby you recycle center! Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It always feels so good to get a room deep cleaned! And your updated recycled center is really nice, especially good to have the labels on there so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have inspired me to deep clean something!
    The linen closet is looking ready!!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job!!! I love the recycle center. Neat idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you!!! I cleared a huge pile of papers, etc off one of my kitchen counters. I created a similar set-up for recycling after I saw a picture of yours a while back. I lined the boxes with trash bags which helps a little with the yuck! But I do love how neat and organized it looks with the plastic tubs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks good Wendi, I painted the front porch swing and rocking chairs. Clean out the dead out of the landscape. I need to finish my kitchen. Thought of you when I was sprucing up the porch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Wendi, I feel as if I know you as my Amy always talks about you! You have a very sweet blog and I will read a few of your posts and catch up! It sounds like your a very busy lady and love your home and family!
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your recycling center! Sadly our town stopped with the recycling and I for one miss it. I was looking at my painted kitchen cabinets and can see that they are going to need a fresh coat of paint when the weather gets warmer and I can ope the windows to air things out. For now I will just have to keep plugging along with my purging of "stuff". Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looove your recycle organization!

    Isn't it funny how we put things off and put things off and finally we do them and it's not so difficult or time consuming? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your blog! How can I follow via e-mail?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!