Tuesday, February 07, 2017

The Tuesday Tackle #4

Last week found me in the kitchen. I tackled the cabinets. I took everything out, wiped them out and made sure everything was in its place.
I started with the cabinet that holds our daily dishes. Once everything was out and the cabinet was wiped out I started putting things back in. The area on the left on the middle shelf holds the most used medicines for Megan. It had become cluttered with the family being sick. I put things that didn't fit into the plastic container away in the bath closet.
Once the medicines were sorted it was just a matter of putting this cabinet back together. Then I moved on to the upper cabinets on the other side of the kitchen.
Once again I took everything out and wiped off the shelves. There were some more meds that needed to be put back into their proper home. The middle, corner cabinet holds the toaster. Knocking the crumbs out before it is put back isn't enough. I will have to bring in the dust buster and clean that bottom shelf off weekly or more. We all know having crumbs could led to unwanted guest. I think I'll pass on that!
Next I tackled the area I was dreading... under the sink and the cabinet that holds the trash can.
All I can say about the cabinet that holds the trash can is yuck, yuck, yuck. I will certainly tackle that area more often. I only needed to wipe out the cabinet under the sink and straighten it out. I need to be diligent at making sure everyone is putting things back where they go under there. All of us are in there almost daily to take care of a cleaning task.
After each cabinet was wiped out I also washed down the outside of the cabinets. Even though this is an area behind closed doors it made me feel so much better to have it taken care of. I ran out of time to take tackle the pantry so that will have to wait for another day.
 
What projects have you tackled in the last week? Tune in next Tuesday to see what homemaking debt I tackle. It is one of those items I have put off for far too long.
 
May your day be filled with joy in the journey! 

20 comments:

  1. I did the same thing to all of my cabinets in January. It feels so good to have it done!! Now, as you said, to do daily and weekly maintenance to keep them neat and clean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maintenance is the hard thing for me since I have that all or nothing personality.

      Delete
  2. I think I've reorganized our kitchen cabinets three times since we've been in this house (all of two months). It was a work in progress to see what worked best! We bought a slide-out track system for our in-the-cabinet trash can. Really nice - we got it at Home Depot or Lowe's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A slide-out track system is on my wish list for the cabinet where I keep pots and pans. I have been dreaming of it for years. Who knows, maybe it will happen this year. :)

      Delete
  3. This is on my to do list too but I'm hoping to revamp my kitchen soon as far as painting cabinets etc :-) Have a great afternoon!

    blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Painting the cabinets made such a difference in my kitchen. Can't wait to see your revamped kitchen!

      Delete
  4. Great post. I have been working in the kitchen too. Wonder why my Tupperware/plastic containers seem to get the messy the fastest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too... oh, those lids!!

      Delete
  5. I got my upper cabinets done and the frigid , I still have the lowers and the oven to go.
    I love getting my spring cleaning done early, because when spring gets here, I want to be outdoors. Everything looks great Wendi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to tackle the oven also. I have a self cleaning oven that still requires quite a bit of cleaning once the cycle runs. :) I will have to get that done while it is still cold.

      Delete
  6. I did a quick straighten of a drawer that holds my wax melts and car air fresheners. And I thought of your and your posts when I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy the quick jobs. A big bang for a little bit of work!

      Delete
  7. I have such little cabinet space, that I have to keep mine organized on a regular basis. But wiping them down, yes I do need to do that. :) I enjoyed this peek into your world, and what a productive day you had! Such a good feeling to get all that cleaning and organizing done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel good to get things clean and organized. Motivates me to keep going.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks, my friend. I will tackle it little by little until I get it done.

      Delete
  9. Ooooooooooooh I need to do this!! Thank you for the motivation!!!!!

    PS- How have you been feeling lately??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel good. I am doing well. Thank you for asking!

      Delete
  10. Wendi, I am truly impressed and think I need to hire you! ;) Everything looks so nice, neat and organized. You rock my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just remember I am showing you the good stuff. ;) I still many areas that need attention.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!