Sunday, February 05, 2017

Let's Catch Up!

First off we tried a new church today. We attend First Baptist which is small, friendly and we knew a couple of people there. Someone from our previous church is now attending and Megan's fourth grade teacher is a member there. She is also in charge of the children's departments. This is the first church we have tried that we have any interest in trying again. The entire family is ready to be settled into a church again. We'll show up again next week and see how it goes.
I have been reading tons this year. Part of it, I feel, is an escape since life has been throwing hard things at us this year. I have added a section to the right of the books I have read. The one above is the last one I finished and it was excellent.

It had me wanting to keep going so I could see what happened next. One minute I was rooting for one things and then seeing that how it turned out was really best. The author wrapped up the story but also left an opening for a sequel.  I really hope for a sequel! Of course, I do enjoy book series.
I am continuing my cleaning and organizing. Boy, do I have a ton of homemaking debt to make up for! Just take it one step at a time, right?
 For the most part my days have been filled with sunshine. No matter the temperature the sun is really good for me. I do tend to suffer from the winter blues and it certainly helps my disposition! I find that I am less productive when I am in a funk.
 
We are still praying about schooling for next year. We have asked Megan to pray about the two choices we think are best and let us know her opinion. As her parents we will make the best and final decision. We want Megan to feel comfortable with the choice so we are asking for her input.
 
It's time for me to stop with the chit chat. I have some things to wrap up before the daily grind begins again. I will be back on Tuesday. Have a wonderful week, my friends!
 
May your day be filled with joy in the journey! 

6 comments:

  1. I loved Lauraine Snelling's Red River of the North series. I'm working on the last few books - the whole series is broken into five different sections with twenty books in all and then there is a prequel, An Untamed Heart, wonderful stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I haven't pick up a book like that in years, I usually read books written in the 1800's by men like Andrew Murray, R.C. Campbell writing on topics out of the bible. I know it sounds boring..but with me teaching SS and ladies Jail ministry. I am always studying.
    The sound of escaping and getting lost in the pages of a book sounds wonderful...I need to do that again. I understanding needing it to be sunny...I don't do well if there a lot of cloudy gray days in the row. I need the sunshine. I have to turn the lights on a gray cloudy day, that helps a lot. Chat with you Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading is definitely an escape for me. It's so derful to read and feel apart of the story... Plus we all need a break every now and again.
    Yesterday was so nice, we spent the day working in the yard. We tore down our old pig pen and turkey coop. It felt so good to be out in the sunshine... Now today it's windy and a bit cool. This weather is so weird. I'm gonna enjoy the warm up for as long as I can. That darn groundhog must be confused! Ha!

    I'm still praying for you and the family and the decisions for Megan and her schooling. God knows what she needs. Glad you enjoyed the new church!

    Enjoy your week, Wendi!

    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should have read wonderful not derful. Silly smart phones! ;)

      Delete
  4. Keep praying. I hope that the new church works out. I love a good book sequel too, just need to find a new series to get into. Have you ever watched Halmark's When Calls the Heart? It's a nice halmarky show that makes me feel good. : )
    The sun was out in full force here in Baltimore today and it felt so good. I need sun!!!!
    Have a great week Wendi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying that you will find a new church home and about finding the right fit for schooling for your precious Megan.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!