Tuesday, January 31, 2017

The Tuesday Tackle #3

Hello friends! Those of you who are following our septic saga we had our inspection yesterday. Good new is that it didn't completely fail. :) Long story short is that we have clogged lines. There is a possible fix for it by blasting the lines with water. We are in the wait and see stage as the technician has to go over things with his boss and make sure he is in agreement. We are praying that this is the answer since it will be the most economical route. We'll continue to take it one day at a time.

Due to my mental state  ;) the last couple of weeks I didn't tackle as much as I wanted. Every little bit helps so I'm grateful for what was accomplished.
 
When you home is cozy many areas have to serve double and sometimes triple duty. The closet in our living room is one area that is multi purpose.
Games are keep in here. A couple of new games were added at Christmas and a true home was never found for them. I can't tell you how many times I knocked the Payday game off of the shelf while getting out the vacuum. 
 
The upper shelves hold craft items that Megan can use anytime. I could tell she has been in here lately since things were not put away exactly the way I would have liked. She is still learning.
(Sorry about the blurry picture. I only took one and sadly this is it.)
 
Everything in its place and all lined up makes for a pretty shelf.
Much better.
This is one of those projects that didn't take a lot of effort and made me wonder why I didn't do it sooner.
 
I had plans to tackle a couple of other areas. Chuck had asked for gift cards to the hardware store for Christmas. He had a plan to organize the garage and was itching to get it done. I spent time out there helping him out.
The plan is to get rid of all of the cardboard boxes. We have noticed that if the garage is damp from a wet car that the boxes would soak up the moisture in the air. Yuck!
It does look nice to look out and see a shelf of matching containers lined up. He now has a container for each item such as plumbing, electrical and such. The next step is to label the containers and move on to another shelf.
 
It was my pleasure to put my task on hold and give him a hand with this. Not only is the garage looking better and better, but I got to spend some quality time with my guy. Win, win!
 
What project have you tackled in the last week? Tune in next Tuesday to see what homemaking debt I tackle.
 
May your day be filled with joy in the journey! 

11 comments:

  1. Even small projects are good. Looks great. I keep rubber bands around our board games. That way when I knock them off, less to clean up. Feeling inspired to go tackle a task now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great new on your septic..PTL! Everything looks great, I tackled the fridge and the upper cabinets last week. Nothing this week I have been a little lazy LOL! But the week isn't over yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear this about the septic. Continual prayers. Closet and garage look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Wendi! I saw your comment to Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom and clicked over to say hello. I'll be watching to see what solutions you come up with for the garage storage - we'll be facing the same issue with our house. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good news about the septic, so far anyway👍🏻

    I'm inspired by your Tuesday Tackle post. Our junk pantry was a mess so I tackled it today. The main problem was all our medicines. I sorted and consolidated and did end up buying some new storage cotainers but what a difference now, and for the better! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news on the septic and will continue to pray for an affordable outcome! Any task you tackle, big or small is huge if you ask me. I cleaned out our end table drawers..I was shocked at how much unneeded stuff was in them. I also cleaned under my bed. It's amazing how many dust bunnies grow under there. Lol ;) Also helped the two little boys organize their rooms. That is a never ending task. I need to clean up my linen closet sometime this week. Thank goodness it's only Tuesday. ;)

    Everything in your home looks great...keep up the good work!

    Hugs my friend,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your so organized!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the way the black containers for storage in the closet look. And the bin still in the garage are fabulous!!! Hmmmmm wonder if I can talk Todd into doing that! We'd have more room for bikes for sure!

    His
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got a lot done!!! hoping that your clog is fixed!! This week I've accomplished my goal of giving up negative people/posts on social media ~ that's about it. But hey, it did guide me back to my blog.
    Hope that you have a great weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm thinking your Tuesday Tackle series may just be my favorite and I've always loved the Frugal Friday posts. I am doing almost the same thing here, tackling one small area at a time. I have cleaned and organized all of my kitchen cabinets since Jan 1 and I did some pretty major purging. I have now moved on to thge living room and have managed to do the desk ddrawer. My closet in my living room looks much like yours, both in size and set up, so I may borrow some ideas from you.
    I've been very busy lately and haven't commented on your posts. I have read them, however, and I just want to say that whatever you decide for Megan's education will be a prayerfully made choice nad it will be ok. I saw your FB post and I just can't imagine how anyone could inject any negativity in to that post!! Everyone makes the choice they feel is best for their child. I have friends who send some of their children to public school while homeschooling two of them, because they took each child's own personalities and abilities in to consideration. J goes to public school, which has worked well for us, but I visited several differnt schools before arriving at that decision.
    I hope your septic problem is not too bad and not too expensive!
    have a wonderful weekend! I wish we could be real life friends and not just internet friends, I think we'd get along great!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. So thankful that the septic passed inspection, and problem found, hopefully a quick fix! Will continue praying! It always feels so good to organize and put things back in their rightful place, or find a new home for something, like Christmas gifts. The garage is really looking amazing, definitely a win-win to organize, and spend time with your sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!